²⁶ Secrets

A new month rolled around and you found yourself back on the street that started it all.

Second round of auditions were being held tomorrow, and you and Janice were wandering around the city.

The spring breeze couldn't even cut through the heat island that was New York, so you found refuge in a music shop.

"Y/N!" Jan suddenly yelled after scrolling through her phone.

"Why are you yelling-?"

"Dispatch released an article about BigHit! It's trending worldwide on Twitter!" Jan's voice trails off as the ringing in your head emerges.

dispatch?

they released the photos of you and yeonjun, they must've.

but the company took them down, how did they manage to get them back?

Pushing through the ear piercing sound, you refocus on Jan.

"What's it about?" She slides her phone over to you.

Thankfully, your initial assumption was incorrect. There was a photo of a woman exiting the BigHit building, nothing out of the ordinary to you.

But that woman was none other than Hwang Sung.

"A popular soul specialist was found leaving BigHit's building the other day.
That must mean one of the idols has a soulmate right?" Jan tried piecing the pieces together.

Yeonjun hasn't contacted you much since your last phone call, neither has the management. The sense of uneasiness was spewing in you.

"And didn't Tomorrow x Together delay their comeback due to medical reasons?
What if that's the reason?!"

i need to call yeonjun.
he's probably asleep.
would he be able to sleep if this article was out?

"This is probably just one of those rumors to bring down TXT's reputation before their comeback." You unlock your own phone and scroll through your feed.

"Plus, what are the chances that they'd have a soulmate? They're super rare, she could just be checking up on all the artists."

"Says the girl who has a soulmate," Janice scoffed.

"Speaking of which, how was that tattoo coming along? Have you found them yet?"

You stared at your unchanged lock screen, the one of you and Yeonjun.

"No, not yet."

Lying protected your privacy.

Lying protected Yeonjun's career.

Lying protected your relationship.

"What if one of BigHit's idols was your soulmate? Haha imagine!!" Jan joked, but your body tensed up.

"Haha yeah, imagine.."

+x+

earlier

"How are things going?" Sung asked Yeonjun, who sat in the swivel chair by the medical bed.

His manager was outside the room, waiting to bring him back to practice.

TXT's comeback was officially announced to be next month, so their days have been packed with shoots and rehearsals.

Yeonjun was barely hanging by a thread; his focus was split and he especially missed the late night practices with you.