⁸ [Un]familiar Surroundings

[A/N] - for later in the chapter: italics in quotes are spoken in Korean, non-italics are in English!

~+×+~

"Wait- what are you doing here? How'd you get in?" You ask after Felix released you from the embrace.

"You said you'd be in Korea, so if you weren't coming to JYP, I came to BigHit. Yeonjun let us in."

Felix pointed over to the blue haired boy that was laughing with Changbin. A smile forms on your face from their interactions.

You'd recognize him from Tomorrow x Together.
However, you weren't much of a stan and only knew the basic information, like ages and personalities.

"Your hair is so long! And it's back to black! And are you sure you didn't get any shorter?" Felix jokes as he tries to compare your heights.

"Haha Lix, you've always been taller than me."

Rolling your eyes, you nearly forgot where you were headed.

"Ah sorry Felix I have a meeting to get back to! We'll catch up later!"

You give him a pat before jogging in the opposite direction, over to Bang PD's office.

Felix watches you scurry out of his sight, smile on his face as he returns back to Changbin and Yeonjun.

"My apologies for making you wait!"

Bowing as you enter the office, Namjoon shakes his head.

~+×+~

The meeting concluded that BigHit will help pay off your debts to JYP, and you'd pay BigHit back once you debuted.

They would also discuss the matters of your original plans to debut and request there be no limitation on who idols can befriend.

That is, if you were to transfer to BigHit; the deal wasn't finalized yet.

~+×+~

After the meeting, Namjoon showed you to where you'd be staying for the week.

"How are you feeling Y/N?" Namjoon asks as you head into the elevator.

Namjoon was concerned about how quickly you exited the meeting before, looking at how visibly shaken you were. But he was even more curious about how quickly you seemed to recover from it.

"I feel good! I'm excited to meet everyone." You say honestly.

"Ah I bet they're excited to meet you too.
But you can always come to me if you need someone to talk to, just fyi."
He smiles down on you as you wonder why the sudden mushiness.

Regardless, you're grateful and thank him for it.

~+×+~

Walking down the hallway, you peek a lounge; the discography of all BigHit idols decorate the walls while BigHit idols decorate the couches.

Wait what.

"Bangtan are probably in their studios doing their own thing, so we can bother them later," you try to keep up with Namjoon's stride down the hallway.

"But Bang PD told me that you'd probably be more comfortable around the rookies, since you're closer to their age."

Even though I know significantly less about them.

You nod understandably as Namjoon walks towards Beomgyu, Taehyun, and HueningKai seated by the table painting.

"Hey guys, this is our new friend and trainee, Y/N!
She's from the U.S and here to visit the company for a bit." Namjoon gently nudged you forward.

"Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenims! It's lovely to meet you!" You bow quickly to avoid eye contact.

Their busy hands stop on their canvases and greet you kindly.

"Woah we're sunbaenims now.." HueningKai chirps to Taehyun.

Ah so cute!

"Have you guys seen Yeonjun?" Namjoon asks the boys.

"Yeonjun-hyung has some friends over today, but he said he wasn't feeling too well earlier."

You admire the space as Namjoon converses, not wanting to intrude.

"Y/N, I have a meeting to get to soon, but TXT will take care of you, okay?"

Again, wait what?

"Wait Namjoon what-"

"You'll be okay Y/N, you don't need to talk much if you don't want to. They also have a good grasp on English."

Bouncing back from Namjoon to the boys seated by the couches, your head fails to wrap around how quickly the situation has turned.

"Okay.. thank you Namjoon, and best of luck at your meeting!"

He bids you all good bye so you're left alone with the boys.

"Do you want to sit with us?" Beomgyu immediately asks while sliding over, patting the area next to him.

You smile and accept the offer.

"Y/N, HueningKai is also from America!" Taehyun says while handing you a canvas and brush.

"Oh no haha I don't remember too much. I was just a baby." HueningKai laughs.

"That's okay! I lived in Korea for 2 years and don't remember a lot either." You try to comfort him.

"Oh! We can help each other!"

A giggle escaped your lips as you begin to clear away the awkward air.

A soft silence eases its way naturally into the conversation.

Everyone puts their attention on their own painting, varying from self portraits to mythical animals.

You began painting the BigHit building as your major required you to be able to illustrate buildings and structures.

"That looks really good Y/N! Where'd you learn to paint so well?" Taehyun looks over and awe's.

"I went to a drawing school when I was younger. I also major in architecture in the US."

"She went to a drawing school like Yeonjun-hyung!"

"Wait what does she major in?"

"Oh um.."

"Architecture." You peep into their conversation in Korean. In return you see three surprised faces.

"How much Korean do you know?" Taehyun questions.

"I think enough to hold a conversation?"

Their "woah's" and excited - almost instinctive - clapping causes your cheeks to heat up and a smile to spread across your face.

"Did you hear me when I said we're sunbaenims?" HueningKai asks.

"Oh so that's what you said~" You tease him while the others laugh.

It's easier for them to speak in Korean - obviously - and seemed eager to learn more about you. The feelings were mutual as they immediately start speaking Korean to ask you more.

I think I found my people.