²¹ X's & O's

"Apart from the few cuts and bruises, you seem to be in good health.
We'll need to give you some stitches, but you'll be discharged in no time." The doctor smiles.

"What about Beomgyu?" You hadn't seen him since the ambulance arrived to the hospital, nor have you seen Yeonjun.

You were both relieved and disappointed; Yeonjun was visibly upset over Beomgyu's involvement in the incident.

Words wouldn't be able to express how sorry and fearful you felt for them both.

"Beomgyu sustained a concussion and cuts that also require stitches. The tendon in his left shoulder may also be torn.
We'd like to monitor his head more and he'll be ready to go after the procedure."

The feelings of terror still resonated in you, but with some ease. His wounds could've been worse, but it'd be better if he didn't have them in the first place.

"Do you want to see him?" The doctor asked.

A soft sigh escaped your lips, "maybe in a bit."

"We'll be back with supplies for your wounds, if you need anyone, be sure to hit the button by the bed." The doctor nodded and smiled, making her way out of the room.

The bed was surprisingly comfortable, your head laid on the pillow as you stared off into the ceiling.

The fear of showing your face around BigHit after today's events was beyond terrifying.

what if they terminate your contract?
> would JYPE even take you back?

what if the rest of TXT hate you?
> would Yeonjun still want you as a soulmate?

A knock by the door stole you away from your thoughts, causing you to sit up from the bed.

"Yeonjun?"

"How are you?" He still wore his hood up and mask on, slowly taking them off while making his way into the room.

i wish it was me instead of him.

"I'm okay."

"You're not."

please get out of my head.

"Why didn't you ask me?" Yeonjun stood by your bedside.

"I didn't want to bother you.."

"You're never a bother."

"You have priorities.."

"You ARE one of my priorities."

"Why? You didn't even know I existed a week ago. You had so much success ahead of you.
But now this stupid soul bond's dragging you down with me."

"It's not stupid! You can't just assume everyone's better off without you." He takes a seat on the edge of your bed.

"Listen. I like you.. probably more than I should. I want us to work out, but you need to talk to me. That's what a relationship is. We need to talk to each other."

Relationship.
Girlfriend.
Soulmate.

Hearing the words made you nauseous.
The weight and responsibility, the caution and pressure held within those three simple words.

"We knew this wasn't going to be easy or normal because of who we are.
But that's okay, we don't need to be normal to be happy."

You stare straight into the wall, avoiding Yeonjun's gaze.

Your fear of vulnerability and getting emotionally close to people was obvious to Yeonjun.

He felt it.
He felt the start of your soul breakage.
Even without the monitor.

The buzzing in his head turned into the same ringing he heard the first time you met.
That's why he knew you were at the accident.

You stayed silent.

"I just want to, no, I need to understand you.
I don't want to invade your mind when you don't talk to me.
I want to be here for you, I want to be the comfort you go to when you need it. Please let me."

"I'm scared.. that I'm making a mistake."

"Mistakes are okay, but what are you talking about?" His hands find their way on top of yours.

Yeonjun sat in confusion before you leaned in to press your lips against his.

His initial gasp was let out as a relieved sigh, cupping the sides of your face.

All the worry and concerned seemed to wash away for those few seconds, the tingly feeling rushing through your veins like electrical waves.

You heard Yeonjun let out a small whine when you pulled away and fluttered your eyes open.

"Sorry.. that wasn't actually what I meant-"

Yeonjun places his finger under your chin, lifting your lips up to his again.

There was more meaning to this kiss, almost as if he'd been waiting for it.

Your senses were nearly overwhelmed, but yet there was a peaceful stillness you've never experienced.

"You have nothing to apologize for," The gentle smile felt like home. A kind of comfort you never realized you missed until now.

"Let's work together, okay? No me verses you, just us against whatever stands in our way."

"What about the company? They'll probably kick me out once they hear about this.."

"We'll figure it out. They're not allowed to get rid of you under my watch." Yeonjun brushes a strand of hair out of your face, leaving a kiss on your forehead.

You always questioned the validity of soulmates: why some people have them and others didn't.

Why the universe puts two people together, even strangers.

But times like these showed you why: there was a kind of magic you felt towards Yeonjun.

From the monitors that indicated your complimentary waves, to the powers you're developing, you're starting to feel whole again.

Hiding your blushing cheeks under your hands, you curl up into Yeonjun's chest and await for the doctor to return.

+ × +

A/N:
thank you for reading! i've had a bit of writer's block for a bit, but i'm slowly (but surely) getting back into it!

i'll also be editing previous chapters!
thank you for bearing with me, stay safe and healthy!
~venus