¹⁶ Past & Present

"How did the meeting go?" Beomgyu asks, sitting beside you on the couch.

It was nearing the evening and with nothing better to do, you started working on song lyrics.

The rollercoaster you've been on the past week fueled not only your anxiety, but the lyricist in you. It's been a while since you've written anything, so it was a lot of scribbling.

"It was okay. I'll be back in the U.S. by the end of the week." You offer a comforting smile and close your notebook.

"How long will you be gone for?" Beomgyu pouts.

"Just until the end of the semester, and then I'll be back for good."

"That's so loooong!"

You chuckle at his whining and ruffle his hair, "It's your comeback season soon, you'll hardly notice I'm gone."

Beomgyu continues to pout at you, so you pout back at him.

After some time of whining, Beomgyu decides to join in on your writing session.

~+×+~

"I think you should talk to Felix before going back to America." Beomgyu suddenly mentions.

"What? Why are you bringing this up, Gyu?"

You've resisted your urges at texting Felix. Mainly because you were never confident about anything you said.

"He's worried about you. About your friendship. No one over there knows you transferred and he's a bit devastated he lost you, not only as a trainee but as a friend."

The two of you sat in silence for a moment.
Since the soulbonding, the company transfers have been kept under wraps.

Admittedly, you had very little idea about what's going on.

"You've been talking to him?"

"Jeongin's been telling me about it. He's also worried."

"I just don't know what to say to him, you know? Like, what do you say when your best friend tells you he loves you?
And in front of your soulmate? What are you supposed to do in that situation?"

"Wait he said what?"

oh shit.

You groan and pull your knees up to your chest, burying your face in them.

"He loves you?"

"I guess," you sighed.

"That's why he was so upset about me transferring. The contract said I couldn't be seen with him, or anyone under JYP, if I moved to BigHit."

Beomgyu wraps his arm around you, laying his head on yours.

Out of all the boys here, he'd been the most supporting when it came to moments like these.
Yeonjun was sweet, but you'd always feel like he had to be nice to you because you're soulbonded.

When the Stray Kids reached out to Beomgyu about their concerns, they also mentioned how intense your anxiety episodes could be.

Beomgyu felt some sort of responsibility over you, trying to protect you from things he didn't know about.

With the soulmate bonding on top of the original pressure of transferring, he feared that you could crack at any moment.

"Has Yeonjun mentioned anything about it?" He asks.

You shake your head.

"Well, I heard the CEOs are still working out the contract with JYP. So technically you haven't transferred yet.
If anything, I'd suggest talking to Felix and Yeonjun about it before you're gone."

Maybe Yeonjun didn't mention it because he didn't hear it? Or he didn't want to acknowledge it?

You didn't want to start any issues, but you didn't want him to find out about it on his own.

"I'd also be more than happy to come along with you if you went to see him." Beomgyu adds.

A smile forms on your face as you look up at Beomgyu.
It's known that most of TXT were extroverts, but you didn't expect to get along with them as easily as you did.

"That would be great, thank you." You wrap an arm around Beomgyu to give him a light side hug.

Breaking from the hug, you both hear the door to the room open.

"Uh, what are you guys up to?" Yeonjun walks in, carrying two bags of takeout food.

Beomgyu's arm was still wrapped around you, so you subtly try to move away from it.

"Song writing." Beomgyu responds and pretends to stretch, retracting his arm from you.

Yeonjun's sudden appearance caught you off guard and caused paranoia in you.

He immediately left after the meeting to attend to some other business, and you didn't have time to hear how he felt.

Of course he seemed supportive of you, but you never had the chance to talk about how the long distance thing would work. Or even if you could consider the two of you a "thing".

"Well, I gotta go exercise with Taehyun now. I'll catch up with you later." Beomgyu says, rising from the couch and taking a quick leave out the room.

You watch Yeonjun's eyes follow Beomgyu, like a puma stalking its prey.

The flash in his eyes.
The same flash you saw when he saw you with Felix.

oh my gosh he's jealous.