¹² Formal Introductions

"We're gonna order takeout for dinner, you should come and hang out with us, Y/N." Beomgyu walks by your side as you head back to your room.

The soulmate meeting had just come to an end.

The CEOs decided to refrain from publicly announcing your soul-bond, for right now at least. Ideally, it would be released once you debuted.

BigHit and JYPE would continue discussing how to transfer you since you've made your decision.
However, the overwhelming weight of guilt was consuming you again.

you did a complete 180 based on some stupid tattoo?
-that wasn't the only reason tho..
no, just the breaking point.

"We'll see Beomgyu, thank you for the offer." You smiled as you reached your room, inviting him in.

Beomgyu and you seemed to click.

Maybe it was the '01 liner bond or because he was easy to get along with, but he was capable of bringing a genuine smile to your face.

"What are you doing? You need to wear that." Beomgyu asks as you attempt to remove the armband monitor.

The 'bonding therapists' claimed that the tiny machines were used to monitor the 'x-waves' of your mind and heart.

Truthfully, you seemed more like a guinea pig in an experiment.

"Beomgyu.. I don't want this. I don't think he wants this... Doesn't want me. This is all just a mess." Your body slumps onto the bed, next to where Beomgyu sits.

He falls back with you.

"You've been going through a lot.
From transferring, to friendships, to this whole... universe's destiny stuff," he turns to face you.

"But you're not alone.
Talk to Yeonjun. I bet he has a lot going on in his mind too.
You guys can bond over it. Get it? Bond?" You roll your eyes, gently punching his arm.

Ever since arriving to Korea, you haven't had a proper conversation, let alone an introduction to Yeonjun.

Maybe Beomgyu was right about the healing power of talking to someone.

+x+

Yeonjun laid in the practice room, alone with himself and his thoughts.

He never had the chance to rehearse after you two met that night.

Now he can't even bring himself to, feeling sluggish and weak.

BigHit decided to suspend schedules for the rest of the week.
It wasn't clear whether or not you'd be returning back to school after this week.

On the surface, Yeonjun wanted you to go back. Everyone would get back into the routine they originally had and TXT could continue their preparations.

Internally, he knew that was impossible.

That everything's changed.

Yeonjun knew that he'd have to accept you eventually, maybe even more.

He just wasn't ready to let go yet.

"Yeonjun?" You knocked on the wall before entering through the open door of the practicing room.

This felt odd to him, seeing you again in the place you'd first met.

The practice room he held so many memories with the boys, practicing for debut and doing Vlives, overshadowed by this one encounter.

"You can come in." He says, sitting up.

Your stomach was in knots but also held butterflies: both the feelings of nervousness, holding different connotations.

Yeonjun ruffled his hair as you sat beside him. You knew he was attractive, heck all BigHit boys were attractive, but your heart beat a little faster for him.

stupid soulmate bond.

"How are you feeling?" You asked, the synchronized beeping of your monitors playing in the background.

"I'm.. honestly not great. But also not awful." He ironically lets out a soft chuckle.

"I'm sorry," you shudder, looking at his face through the mirror.

"I'll figure it out. I'll do whatever to impact your life as little as I can."

Yeonjun's heart ached.
This wasn't your fault. It was no ones fault.

But he couldn't help but try to find someone to blame, and that someone was you.

~flashback~

"Why did she have to come to Korea in the first place? How often do we just have trainees going on a grand tour of the company?" Yeonjun sped walked through the halls to his room, Soobin on his trail.

"You said it yourself: she's 'legendary trainee' material," Soobin huffed, catching up to his hyung.

"and even if she isn't a trainee, she has experience in music production, writing, AND design. She could really help."

"We don't need help! We were all fine without her before. She was fine and happy with Felix before us!"

"How would you know? You haven't talked to the girl since she's been here," Soobin grabs Yeonjun's arm, stopping him.

"She's away from her home, in a foreign country with people she's just met.
Making a career-breaking decision that can entirely shape the rest of her life.

She left her company, and potentially her education, for you.
We know this can affect our career, but we have fans who support us. She doesn't.

Stop being so fucking inconsiderate, at the end of the day she's your soulmate and yet she's terrified!"

Yeonjun was speechless.

He's rarely heard Soobin yell, let alone curse in the 4 years they've known each other.

Admittedly, Yeonjun was so blinded about avoiding the inevitable that he failed to realize that you had your own life to consider.

Shaking his arm out of Soobin's grip, Yeonjun turns to leave.

~end of flashback~

"We'll figure it out. Together." Yeonjun turns and smiles at you.

"Tomorrow by Together." He laughs at your awful pun, playfully pushing you.

Your heart jumped.
For the split second when he touched you, you swore you felt ecstasy, goosebumps cascading over your arm.

Yeonjun quickly recovered, pretending that everything was normal.

But he couldn't deny that he suddenly felt fully awake, alert, and ready to practice.
Almost as if something gave him life.
Or someone.

Before anyone could get another word out, the other boys called you both out for dinner.

maybe this won't be so bad.