𝟭

𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗢

𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗢

FIVE YEARS LATER

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "I can't believe you would do this! This is the best opportunity you've had in years."

          Greef stood proudly with his hands on his hips while I shouted at him. To him, it was the same as any other quarrel we had. I would get angry, he would stay calm, and we'd be over it within an hour. 

          This time was different. My anger built and bubbled inside of me, bringing my blood to a violent boil. This was the best opportunity the Guild had received in years and I figured I would be first in line for the position.

          I guess I was wrong. 

          "Myrah," he spoke calmly, "you and I both know that he is qualified enough for this bounty. Hell, he just might be the best. He will be fine."

          Yes, the man was a great hunter, but he was far from the best. I deserved this opportunity. I spent the last five years proving myself and I was more than capable of it.

          "I don't particularly care for his well-being, Greef. You and I both know that I can handle that bounty. Why did you hand it off to some tin-man?"

          I could feel my nails pressing into the skin of my palms, no doubt leaving small crescent shaped indentions in my skin. My face grew red and warm as I fumed. If I was any angrier, I'm sure steam would have burst from my ears. 

          "I am just as qualified as your precious Mandalorian if not more so. I have been working with you for five years and have gotten nothing but petty missions. Don't you think I deserve a high commission bounty?"

          Greef sighed and pinched at the bridge of his nose as he always does when he's frustrated. I couldn't understand how he was upset when I was the one getting cheated out of an assignment.

          "Myrah, I can't favor you over the others. Don't you understand?"

          "It's not favoring if I deserve it."

          He placed his hands firmly on my shoulders, forcing me to look at him in his relaxed, deep brown eyes. "I think you need to go blow off some steam." 

          I huffed a forced laugh. "Find a stick and stuff it."

          "Myrah!" He scolded and reached for me as I shrugged his hands off of me. 

          I spun on my heel and left the place I had learned to call a home, allowing the door to slam behind me without another word. I stomped through the streets, angrily mumbling each of the pathetic excuses that Greef had given me.