𝟭𝟵

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "Ouch! What the hell, Din?" I shouted as my head harshly hit the ceiling of the Razor Crest, sending a shooting pain through my spine. "You could at least be careful!"

          "Right. Be careful while being shot at." He snapped. "Sorry, Princess, you're not my main concern right now!"

          The other ship had grown closer now than it was a few seconds ago, firing rapid shots at the engines of our ship. Those few months of peace were long gone.

          "Hand over the child, Mando." The voice echoed through the radio. Sparks were flying through the ship as we were shot at. "I might let you live."

          I rolled my eyes as I rubbed my head where it had hit the ceiling. Alarms were going off within the ship, red lights blinking, signaling that things were not in our favor at the moment. Each blare of the alarm increased the tense feeling in my head.

          "One of the engines is down!" My voice became whiny, which I blame on my current state of panic.

          "I see that!" He sighed. "Hold on."

          He quickly spun the ship upside down, not even giving me enough time to hold onto anything as we hurled through space. I gasped as I was knocked against the ceiling and then the ground once more. I let out a pained groan, rubbing my back and head.

          "Come on..." Din mumbled to himself.

          "I can bring you in warm or I can bring you in cold." The voice came through again.

          Something in Din had snapped once they spoke again. He quickly stopped the ship and soared backwards beneath the enemy fighter until it was in the Razor Crest's aim.

          "That's my line." He growled and pulled back the trigger, firing the blasters upon the enemy ship, exploding it into an oblivion.

           My eyes widened as I watched the ship become nothing in the empty abyss of space. Maybe it was the pounding of my head or the immense panic, but my thoughts were spoken out loud. "That was hot."

          His head snapped in my direction on the floor. I'm sure even if there was no helmet, his expression would be unreadable.

          "What did you just say?"

          "Nothing." I groaned and pulled myself into my seat, holding my head in my hands.

          He shook his head with a sigh and began messing with the control panel, powering down the engine. "Can you press-"

          I reached up and pressed the button above my head, powering up the emergency engine. A dim red light lit the cockpit as he continued to rework the panel, trying to find a signal.