𝟮𝟰

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "What exactly is the plan for this? Are we just winging it?" I stared at them all with an angry, rage-filled glare. Especially the Twi'lek. She had just bumped herself to first on my list. 

          "No, sweetheart. We got a plan." Mayfeld barked and pulled us over to a table, lighting up a hologram of the ship. "So, the package is being moved on a fortified transport ship. Now, we got a limited window to board, find our friend, and get him out of these before they make their jump."

          Din was quiet as he looked down at the table. I had to admit, the ship looked incredibly familiar. I just couldn't quite place it. 

          "That's a New Republic prison ship." Din glanced over at Ran, his posture screamed annoyance. 

           "Your slimy friend wasn't taken by some enemies. They were arrested!" I growled. "You have got to be kidding me." I turned my glare to Din. 

          Of course he had gotten us into this sort of mess. 

          "So what?" Mayfeld leaned forward with a sly grin on his face. 

          "A job is a job." Ran shrugged simply.

          "That's a max security transport and we're not looking for that kind of heat." Din spoke, his voice was low and intimidating. 

          "Well," Ran chuckled, "neither are we. So just don't mess up."

          "The good news for you is the ship is manned by droids." Xi'an spoke softly and strolled towards us. "Still hate the machines, Mando?" She leaned dangerously close to his helmet, whispering quietly enough for only him and me to hear. 

          She was one whisper away from a blaster shot to the face. Or worse. 

          "Despite recent modifications, the ship is still quite a mess." Zero spoke as it sauntered down the ramp. "The power lines are leaking, the navigation is intermittent, and the hyperdrive is only operating at sixty-seven point three efficiency... We have much better ships. Why are we using this one?"

          I was wondering that same thing. Mainly, I didn't want any of them near the child. Taking our ship would only risk that chance.

          "Cause the Razor Crest is off the old Imperial and the New Republic grid. It's a ghost." Ran explained.

          "Yeah, and we need a ship that can get close enough to jam New Republic code. So, when we drop out of hyperspace here," Mayfeld switched the hologram to a map of the galaxy and continued, "if we immediately bank into this kind attitude, we should be right in their blind spot. Which will give us just enough time for your ship to scramble our signal."