𝟯𝟬

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "So is it like an official relationship? Are you just weird friends?" She stopped and slapped my arm. I knew it was playful, but damn it stung. "Are you two fooling around?"

          "Cara..." Din scolded from the pilot's seat. I think we were both genuinely surprised that he was the one to speak up. I'm glad he did though, I wasn't sure what to say. We hadn't really talked about it. 

          She sat back and chuckled, proud of herself for being able to get under his skin. "Does your contact need to vet me?"

          Din messed with the controls, preparing the skip. "Doesn't know you're coming."

          "Really?" She scoffed. "That could be a problem."

          "It won't." He declared and spun around. "But if it is, that's his problem."

          He brushed past us and began his descent into the belly of the ship. Cara looked to me with a shrug and we both followed after him. Despite being able to literally get into people's minds, I never truly knew what was going on in his.

          "He alright up there alone-" She stopped herself and gazed in awe at his collection of weaponry.

          "Yeah." He answered, almost unsure. "Pick one."

          She began messing with the weapons while Din and I stood against the wall, his hand twitching to reach for mine. Every subtle movement from him kept me anticipating the next time he would take off that helmet. But maybe it was for the best that he kept it on. 

          "You trust the contact?" Cara asked as she reached for a small gun.

          "Not particularly. He and I had a run-in last time I was there on some Guild business." Din explained. I suppose that was the nice way of explaining what happened.

          "So then why are we going?" Cara grabbed another gun, this one much larger than the others. I could already tell that one fit her more. She always was favorable of dramatics. 

          "We don't have much of a choice. You remember what happened on Sorgan, they'll just keep coming." I explained. I hated the plan, but I supported what it meant. Keeping that kid safe was my main priority.

          I could see Din look at me out of the corner of my eye. To avoid any suggestive looks from Cara, he simply squeezed my shoulder and continued for me. "The kid will never be safe until the Imp is dead."

          "And you're okay with bringing him back there?"

          "Not really." Din fidgeted in his spot, both of us watching as Cara aimed the gun. "That's why I'm bringing you."