𝟯𝟰

𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗢

 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗢

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "Din? Din, stay with me, please." I pleaded. My whole body was trembling as my fingers brushed over the sides of his helmet, almost afraid to touch it. I didn't want to hurt him.

          The IG's laser flickered and hissed as it carved away at the gate. Greef and Cara stood guard, armed and ready to fire at anyone who dared to step through the door. But to me, I felt like I was in my own world, my own world that was crumbling around me. 

          "I'm not gonna make it. You need to go." He spoke, his voice hoarse and strained.          

          "No, no- You shut up. We're not leaving without you. We need you- I- I need you." I pulled my hand back, my eyes moving to the blood that now coated it. "I need to take the helmet off."

          "No." His hands weakly grasped my wrists as I tried to lift the helm, pulling them back down. 

          "Stop it!" I shouted, tears brimming my eyes, threatening to fall at any second. "Just, stop! I can help you, you know I can."

          "Make sure the child is safe." He ignored me. "T-Take him to the covert." He tugged off a thin leather necklace that donned the Mandalorian symbol. "You know they'll help you."

          He lifted the necklace over my head, letting it fall loosely around my neck. His breathing grew shaky and struggled. I just couldn't leave him. 

          "Din, you-you know I can't. We can get you out, just let me help you. I-I can close my eyes if I have to-" I squeezed my eyes shut, forcing the tears that were swelling to drip down my face.

          His hand wiped away the tears while he coughed a small chuckle. "Don't do that... I-I want to see your eyes before you leave."

          "And you think I don't want to see yours?" My eyes shot open, red and strained as the tears continued to pour. "You don't think I want to tear that helmet off and-"

          "Myrah..." He whispered and dropped his hands from my face. "Don't make this more difficult." 

          Flames burst through the window and began filling the room. The warmth surrounded us and I nearly had to throw myself on top of Din to avoid the fire touching my face. His hand loosely held my head against his, shielding me from the furious heat.

          "You can escape." He coughed once the flames died down. "Let me have a warriors death."

          "That's not happening and you know it. I'm sticking with you till the end." The droplets of tears landed on his helmet and left small, clean paths amongst the dirt.