𝟳

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉ 

          "Mando, can we talk?" 

          I mumbled loud enough for him to hear me. We weren't too far from the Ugnaught's house, but there were words I could not leave unsaid any longer. 

          I could see him turn to look at me, shrugging his shoulders. I suppose that was his way of saying go ahead.

          "I mean, like, stop and talk."

          "Can it wait until-" He grumbled. 

          "No, it can't!" I snapped, stopping dead in my tracks. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said it like that."

          He sighed and turned around, standing in front of me with his head tilted. I looked into the dark glass of the helmet and there was a soft warmth within the chilling visor. A cloud of mystery surrounded him and everything he did. He was always so hot and cold, I never knew which side of him I would get.

          "I'm so sorry." I paused to see if he had anything to say, but he remained completely silent. "You know, for attacking you, tying you up, forcing you to give me your bounty, and treating you like shit..." 

          I shifted my gaze towards the ground, beginning to rock on my feet. It wasn't the more apologetic thing to say, but I truly was sorry. My words were harsh, but the sincerity was there. 

          "It's okay."

          "That's it?" 

           My eyes snapped back up to his helmet, completely bewildered by his lack of response. I couldn't tell if he didn't care or if he couldn't think of anything else to say.

           He only shrugged once again and looked off in the distance, barely seeing the Ugnaught's house. I guess he truly was a man of very few words. 

          "We should get going before the sun sets."

        I nodded and looked towards the child's pod. He cooed and stretched out his arms, blinking his big brown eyes. My heart jumped at the sight and couldn't stop myself from picking him up and cradling him in my arms. 

          I could sense Mando's eyes watching me the entire way, but I couldn't bring myself to look back at him. 

          The Ugnaught stood up on the tower next to his home, fixing the circuit board. Sparks were flying from his soldering iron and reflecting off his goggles. The sun had nearly set and the flickering of the light clashed beautifully with the blue sky.

          "I thought you two were dead."

          He turned around and looked down at us while we stared up at him in silence. With a shake of his head an exasperated sigh, he climbed down to join us on the ground.