𝟱

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          Orange walls of rock surrounded us, closing in and weighing on my chest like an anvil. The setting sun was bright, but barely lit our path through the small ravine. Small lizards filled the area, alerted by the sound of our boots squishing in the mud.

         The child's pod floated a few feet behind us, following us closely during the journey. Mando had connected the carrier to his vambrace. I had forgotten how high-tech Mandalorian armor could be. 

         "So, what do you think it is?" I looked up at the Mandalorian who stared straight ahead, acting as though he couldn't hear me. 

          "No clue." He finally answered. 

          I nodded, feeling the brooding silence build around once again. In all honesty, I did feel bad about knocking him out and holding him hostage on his own ship, but I didn't have a choice. I wanted to prove myself and as usual, I took it too far. 

         The ravine grew silent. All of the lizards and insects began to scatter, hiding within the walls or flying far away. I could feel a disturbance, a pair of eyes watching us from somewhere in the cliffs of the rock. 

          We stopped walking as everything began to still around us. The breeze, the chirping of the bugs, everything. Instead, an eerie quietness took its place. 

          Mando carefully scanned the area, his hand hovering over his blaster. I, too, tried to figure out what could be hiding, silently removing my blaster from its holster. I could sense it, a subtle movement within the crevices of the tarnished rock. I moved my blaster in its direction, but I was too late. 

          An orange alien jumped down from the walls, surprising the both of us. It swung an axe towards my head, the swift movement causing me to drop my weapon. Thankfully Mando had managed to jump back and shove the pod away from the action and swiftly grab ahold of his blaster.

          The alien swung at me again when I stood back up, but I was able to dodge its attack. I quickly extended my staff, blocking the sharp axe's harsh swings.  Oh, the things I would be able to do if I could just press the other button. 

          I was pushed back into the rocky wall, using my weapon to push it away as the alien forced the blade towards my neck. I glanced over at the Mandalorian with pleading eyes. He had no reason to save me. He could have left me for dead and continued with his mission like nothing happened.

          But he didn't.

         He snuck behind the alien and kicked in the backs of his legs, forcing the alien to drop to his knees in front of me. I shrunk the extensions of the staff back into its hilt, using the small piece to slam against the creature's face.