𝟮𝟭

𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗘

𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          Night had fallen, the moon rising high into the sky and leaving the desert plains dark and cold. I was woken up by the feeling of Din's hand leaving mine, shifting into his own lap. He must've been awake long before I was. 

          I shivered and rubbed my eyes as I opened them, looking out across the dark sandy hills. It was unbelievable how unbearably hot it could be during the day only to practically freeze outside at night. 

          "Alright, suns are down. Time to ride, Mando." 

          I heard Toro speak. He let out a quiet sigh and made his way over, his boots kicking up the sand. 

          "Come on, wake up." He whined.

          "Oh, leave him alone, Toro. He hardly gets any rest." I cautiously scooted away from him to stand up without waking him. Or, at least not disturbing whatever rest he was currently getting.

          Toro chuckled and continued to pester Din. "Look at you, asleep on the job, old man." He grabbed his blaster jokingly and pointed it at him. I had half a mind to pull mine on him instead.

          "You done?" Din grumbled and turned his head towards Toro. 

          "Yeah." Toro mumbled and holstered his blaster, his face growing pink from embarrassment. "Yeah. I was just, you know, waking you up. Come on."

          "Get on your bike." He stood and began digging through the pack he had strapped to the speeder. "Ride as fast as you can towards those rocks."

          "That's your plan?" Toro scoffed. "She'll snipe us right off the bikes."

          Din tossed him a flash charge, something I guess the newbie bounty hunter had never seen before. If we hadn't been here to help him, I'm positive that he would already be dead.

          "It's a flash charge." Din spoke as though it was the most obvious thing in the world while he swung his leg over his bike. "We alternate shots. It'll blind any scope temporarily. Combine that with our speed and we got a chance."

          "They're a great tool for hunters. You might want to invest in some." I smiled and pulled myself on the bike behind Din.

          "Woah, woah, woah, wait." Toro waved his hands around. "A chance?"

          "You want to be a bounty hunter, right?" I chuckled and wrapped my arms around Din's torso. "Everything you do is a chance."

          "Get ready." Din's voice broke through right before speeding off ahead of Toro.