𝟰

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          Just as the Ugnaught had said, they left bright and early. The morning breeze was cold and nipped at Myrah's skin, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake. She moved closer to the Mandalorian, using his thick cape to keep herself warm. 

          They traveled over the rocky terrain as the sun slowly caught up with them. Myrah could feel her heart drop to her stomach every time they jumped over a large crack in the ground.  

          She put herself in a lot of dangerous situations, but she was never a fan of heights. Something about the idea of falling, knowing your ultimate doom to become a splat on the ground didn't sit well with her.

          The journey was long and it was nearly mid-day by the time they arrived at a wide crater in the ground. The boiling heat had snuck up on them and Myrah could feel the beads of sweat form on her face. She desperately wished for the chilly air to return. 

          Even in her light clothing, she was overheated. Myrah couldn't imagine how the Mandalorian was feeling with all the armor and heavy cloth. He couldn't even get a drink of water to ease the heat. 

          They stopped on a cliff that oversaw the camp that lay within the orange rock of the planet. Myrah let out a nervous sigh, looking over the Mandalorian's shoulder at the area below them. Her grip tightened for a second, the unfamiliar touch forced him to tense. 

          The Ugnaught leaned over to the Mandalorian, pointing at the large building below. "That is where you'll find your quarry."

          They both looked over, staring across the broken rock of the planet. Mando held out a small, leather pouch of credits towards the Ugnaught. 

          "Please. You deserve this." He spoke as the alien refused the offer. 

          "Since these ones arrived, this territory has been an endless stream of mercenaries seeking reward and bringing destruction."

          "Then why did you guide us?" 

          "They do not belong here. Those that live here come to seek peace. There will be no peace until they're gone." The Ugnaught answered as though it was the most obvious thing in the galaxy.

          "Why do you help?" Myrah spoke up, her arms leaving the Mandalorian's body to rest at her sides.

          "I have never met a Mandalorian. I've only read the stories. If they are true...you two will make quick work of it. Then there will again be peace... I have spoken." He gave Myrah a kind smile before he turned his blurrg back around, beginning his long trek back home.