𝟭𝟱

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗡

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗡

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "Your astute panic suggests that you understand your situation."

          The air had grown shallow. I couldn't breathe or think or-

          "I would prefer to avoid any further violence, and encourage a moment of consideration. Members of my escort have completed assembly of an E-Web heavy repeating blaster."

          I was going to be sick, I was sure of it. We were dead. Or, at least, we were about to be.

          "If you are unfamiliar with this weapon, I am sure that Republican Shock Trooper Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan will advise you that she has witnessed many of her ranks vaporize mid-descent facing the predecessor of this particular model."

          And he was just going to keep going, taunting our death with his words.

          "Or perhaps the decommissioned Mandalorian hunter, Din Djarin, has heard the songs of the Siege of Mandalore, when gunships outfitted with similar ordnance laid waste to fields of Mandalorian recruits in The Night of a Thousand Tears."

          We were facing our end and yet we were stuck, unmoving and unwilling to do anything to fight it. There had to be something we could do. We can't just stand here and do nothing.

          "I'm sure the young Jedi, Myrah Koor, could also help you in knowing the fields of soldiers that have been eliminated during the Galactic Civil War. A war that she sat by and watched while her friends were eradicated without a strong enough defense that she could have provided."

          There was a sharp stinging pain in my eyes that I tried desperately to hold back. All of our secrets were laid out in front of us on display.

          "I advise disgraced Magistrate Greef Karge to search the wisdom of his years and urge you to law down your arms and come outside. The structure you are trapped in will be razed in short order and your storied lives will come to an unceremonious end."

          The speeder came to a harsh stop, waking all three of us from our relatively peaceful sleep. I could hear the sounds of children laughing and could feel the morning sun beating down on my face, but I refused to open my eyes.

          There was a shift in my arms, but I tightened my grip, unwilling to move from my comfortable spot. A gentle hand landed on my shoulder, trying to shake me awake, but I refused.

          "No..." I groaned and tightened my grip again, feeling whatever it was tense under my grasp. I sighed, a sleepy smile taking over my features.