𝟭𝟳

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗡

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗡

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          The wind blew furiously through the village, tangling my already messy brown hair as it caught on my face. For once in a long time, I felt awake and well-rested. It was a night of good dreams - no, amazing dreams. The weight of the galaxy no longer felt like it weighed on my shoulders and I couldn't be more grateful.

          I sat in the same spot as last night on the bridge, admiring the way the sun lit up the tides of the water. It was much different than last night, more lively. Last night was almost intimate. Nothing else in the little village mattered. There was no battle to prepare for, no fear of death, just us. Today was so very different.

          Today we feared for our lives, only hoping that we would be successful. While the sky may have been bright, our minds were anything but. 

          I heard a couple of heavy footsteps behind me, followed by a gentle hand resting on my shoulder. I couldn't help but lean into the touch. 

          "It's time." Spoke the muffled voice that I had grown so accustomed to. 

          "I know." I sighed and twisted the new dark fabric of my shirt around my finger before standing  from my spot on the bridge, turning to face Mando - or - Din, I guess.

          "Cara is waiting for us."

          "Well, who are we to keep her waiting, huh?" 

          I offered a small, sad smile before walking towards the trees. No matter how confident I felt in these people, there was a sliver of fear in my mind telling me that we might fail. 

          "Don't look so sad, Princess." Din quickly caught up with me. "If all goes well, we can stay here for as long as you want."

          "Oh really? So you can get to know Omera?" I teased. "No matter what, you're still stuck with me." I poked a finger to his cold chest plate, smiling to myself as he stopped abruptly at the very small action. 

          "And if I want to be stuck with you?" He whispered as his hand cautiously wrapped around my wrist. 

          Our constant teasing had been going on for quite a while, but this time it caught me completely off-guard. I found myself at a loss for words. I had forgotten how to breathe if I'm being completely honest. Every day I spent with him was another day I found myself drawn closer to him. If this doesn't stop soon, I'm afraid it'll go too far.