𝟲

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          "Get up." Mando growled.

          He had been up for nearly an hour while I tried to fall back asleep. His incessant pacing kept me up and his boots kicked sand on me with his heavy, restless steps. 

          For the last hour, he kept trying to get me up on my feet. I was exhausted and while the sand wasn't quite as nice of a bed as the ones the Ugnaught offered us, it was comforting. 

          I groaned and pushed his foot away, squeezing my eyes shut as the blinding sun rose in the sky. 

          "Five more minutes..." 

          He was suspiciously quiet after that. I could practically hear the gears turn in his head. His quiet sigh was relaxing, almost like a peaceful white noise that lulled me back to sleep. 

          Unfortunately it didn't last long.

          I hardly had any time to react before he threw me over his shoulder. My eyes shot open and I soon started kicking my legs and punching his back. With his armor, I'm pretty sure it hurt me more than it hurt him.

          "MANDO, I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T PUT ME DOWN-"

          He dropped me.

          Right there, on the ground. 

          I gasped, feeling the wind knocked out of my lungs for the brief moment. And he had the audacity to laugh at me?

          I grabbed his foot and pulled it from under him, smiling to myself as he fell face-first on the ground. 

          "You are the worst." I hissed and grabbed the edge of the child's pod, pulling it behind me as I stomped through the sand.

          "Wake up the first time then." Mando grumbled as he quickly caught up.

          Something about the combination of being woken up so abruptly and his sassiness caused a fury of anger to bubble up inside of me. I turned sharply on my heel, glaring up into his helmet that revealed nothing but a blinding glare from the sun. 

          "You're only here because I chose to bring you along, you know? If I wanted to, I could have-"

          "Killed me?" He interjected.

          "Easily." I poked his chest roughly, forcing him to stumble back.

          We continued on the journey in a constant state of bickering and complaining about one another. For someone who was so quiet, he certainly had a lot to say about how annoying I was. I could easily say the same for him.