𝟯𝟯

𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗢

 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗢

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          Several more shots were fired through the glass at random. We all dove to find a safe hiding spot away from the blasts. We were all safe, but the client and the stormtroopers all laid dead on the ground.

          This certainly couldn't be the work of the Mandalorians, they would have relocated by now. No, this was someone else out to get us. But why their own cohorts?

          Once the firing slowed down to a stop, we snuck our way closer to the gaping hole in the wall to get a better view. The smoke cleared and standing in a straight line in front of the building were a series of stormtroopers, only these ones were covered in a black armor.

          Something I had yet to see before.

          "Four stormtroopers?" Cara ridiculed as a flurry of troopers unloaded and swarmed around the building. "This is bad."

          "Kuiil?" Din asked into the small com. "Are you back to the ship yet? Are you there? Do you copy?"

          "Yes." He confirmed through the link.

          "Are you back to the ship yet." Din asked again.

          "Not yet."

          "Get back to the ship and bail. Get the kid out of here. We're pinned down."

          I moved closer to Din, desperately grasping at his arm. "What if he doesn't-"

          "Don't talk like that."

          "But, if-"

           A large TIE fighter landed beside the building, the air rushing through the now open window as it settled on the ground. A sick feeling grew in my stomach once the hatch released and out climbed a man clad in black armor and a cape.

          It resembled the late Darth Vader, but not quite as intimidating. Nonetheless, his presence alone activated a fight or flight response in me. Somehow, I chose the secret third option: freeze.  I couldn't seem to move even if I tried.

          "You have something I want." He declared.

          Cara looked over at us, eyes wide and full of confusion. "Who's this guy?"

          "You may think you have some idea of what you are in possession of, but you do not." He resumed his dramatic speech.

          I snatched the com from Din, my hands shaking as I spoke into it. "Kuiil, are you back yet? They know we're here and it's only a matter of time before they know where you are." There was nothing. "Kuiil?"