𝟮𝟳

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          Soaring through space was quite possibly the most beautiful thing to me. I'm sure I've said it a million times, but the way that everything seemed to zoom right past was exhilarating. I could sit and stare at the sky for hours. It's like I can forget everything, every problem in the galaxy.

          It was just me and the stars.

          Din had been quiet since we jumped into hyperspace. Well, almost completely quiet. The tension in the cockpit was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. Luckily, we had plenty of those. 

          We were enjoying our time together and that was all. Nothing more had to be said, nothing else had to be done. What's the harm in just being partners with the occasional flirty tease or joke thrown in?

          "Myrah?"

          Din's soft voice pulled me from my thoughts. His elbows rested on his knees as he leaned towards me with his head cocked to the side. The sight alone sent a light flush to my face. 

          "Any ideas on where to go?"

          "I- uh-" I stumbled on my words, struggling to fit them in a sentence. 

          "You mentioned Coruscant once." He hummed and spun back around to face the controls.

          "Oh! Yeah, I have a friend out there, I suppose. It's also a Core world. We shouldn't have to worry about any Imperials finding us there." 

          He typed in the navigation and set the ship on track for Coruscant. My heart swelled, my thoughts racing inside my head. 

          I would finally see my family again.

         They're not my actual family, not by blood at least. My friend, Ana, and her family took me in when I was young. They trained me in the Force and taught me  everything I know. They made me feel loved and at home.

          Ana was also strong in the Force once, considering both of her parents were very powerful as well. Her father was even a Jedi Master. Her mom, well, that was a whole other story. So, they took me in as well. They became my family.

          "What are you thinking about?" Din glanced over his shoulder at me. I must have clearly been lost in thought.

          "How lucky I am to have you." I joked. He seemed to freeze up for a moment before I laughed and shoved his shoulder. "I'm just thinking. Don't worry about it."

          But I was lucky. No- I am lucky. 

          Now I just had to get him adjusted to Coruscant culture. That would be interesting.