𝟭𝟯

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

         It was dark in the cockpit, but the stars outside shined brighter because of it. I followed the patterns the best I could, trying to remember the constellations that Mando had told me about. That night we shared so many stories, most weren't ours, but they were still nice.

           I told him a story of a young girl. She was ripped from her family as an infant, raised to be a powerful warrior. They told her that one day, she would be the strongest of them all, that no person could ever match her power. In order to keep that power, however, she had to block herself off from the world.

          She could no longer dance in the storms, prank her friends, or even fall in love. But it was too late for all of that.

          They criticized her emotions, taunted her and claimed she could never meet her true potential. So, she left. For a long time, she battled her inner demons. Being alone with her thoughts, she struggled to keep them at bay.

          She fought her darkness her entire life. In the end, she gave up her life for the greater good. 

          Mando compared it to the Creed. He wasn't too far off, really. They were similar in many ways. But there was something else to his reaction. A sadness of sorts. Perhaps a realization that him and the girl were not too different. 

          When I told him how the girl was reunited with her love in the end, there was a light. He radiated this warm energy that filled the ship with joy.

          Him and the girl truly weren't that different at all. 

          The little green child sat on the control panel next to Mando, cooing quietly and pressing the buttons on the box next to him. I likely should have warned him, but the little guy was so cute, I couldn't help but just sit back and watch. It pressed a small green button and quietly looked around when nothing happened. 

          "Stop touching things." Mando instructed, not paying too much attention to the curious child. I giggled quietly from my seat, continuing to watch the tiny thing. 

          I looked at him as he blinked his big brown eyes. How could you possibly stay upset with something so unbelievably cute.

          His ears perked up and he slyly moved his arm towards the box again, flicking a red switch that caused the entire ship to shake. Mando immediately reached over and turned it off, grabbing the child and placing him in his lap.

          I leaned forward and rubbed the kid's fuzzy green ear while he whined. Glancing up at Mando, I tried to watch for any reaction, but there was nothing. He refused to even turn his head towards me.