𝟵

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

𝗔𝗥𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗔-𝟳

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

        The sun was starting to set and it had already been several hours since Myrah and the Mandalorian had left to fetch the Jawas prized possession. They were growing more impatient by the second and they finally had enough, assuming the two of them were long gone and would not be returning any time soon.  

          "Fine. Go without me." The Ugnaught shouted. He would wait for them alone if he had to. He just knew they would return. They had to.

          The Jawas mumbled and began reloading into their fort, prepping for the hatch to close behind them. As it started to close, they could see the group emerge from behind the hills. They were clearly exhausted, but they had the egg.

          "Mando! Myrah!" The alien exclaimed. His face lifted and his eyes became brighter just at the sight of them. 

          The Mandalorian sighed. "We have it. We've got the egg." His voice was a clear sign of his weariness. Every word sounded forced and desperate. 

          The Jawas burst into cheers from within the fort. They lowered the ramp to the ground once again as they all filed out, hurrying towards the Mandalorian. Each one reached for the egg desperately as they crowded the bounty hunters. They all wanted to get their hands on it. 

          He handed the weird furry egg over to them, glad to get rid of the thing that almost got them killed. 

          The Mandalorian tensed up when a hand was placed gently on his arm. He glanced down to see Myrah's delicate fingers wrapped around his bicep, lightly grasping it. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she pointed at the huddled group of Jawas.

          "What are they going to do-"

          She was quickly cut off by the Jawa shouting , holding the egg up in the air like a prize. It lowered it to the ground as another grabbed a knife, slicing off its top. They all swarmed the egg, frantically reaching their hands in and consuming its contents.

          Myrah's face morphed into one of disgust while they fed off of the egg, feeling a wave of nausea wash over her. She pulled her hands to her sides and swiftly walked towards the Ugnaught with the Mandalorian not far behind, shaking his head.  

          The Ugnaught smiled proudly as they walked over. Of course he believed in them and hoped that they would return, but there was a small part of him that doubted that they survived. 

          "I'm surprised you waited." The Mandalorian looked down at the friendly alien who stared at them both appreciatively with a bit of disgust. Both hunters were coated in a thick layer of mud that could practically be scraped off of them.