𝟭𝟲

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗡

𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗡

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

           The Mandalorian was shocked by Myrah's idea, but mainly because he was thinking the same thing himself. There was only one way they even had a chance for this to work out and that was if they were able to have everyone involved. It gave the people a sense of hope and that alone could give them the boost they need. 

          It didn't take long for them to come up with a plan. In fact, Myrah had almost all of it figured out. While he was well aware that she was smart and cunning, Mando was in complete awe of her intelligence. 

          Everyone gathered once again to hear the news about what they would be doing. They were all anxious, hardly any of them have ever held a weapon before. 

          "You got two problems here." Mando started. "You got the bandits, and you got the mech. We'll handle the AT-ST, but you gotta protect us when they come out of the woods. And I don't have to tell you how dangerous they are. Cara Dune here was a veteran. She was a drop soldier for the Rebellion, and she's gonna lay out a plan for you, so listen carefully." 

          Myrah smiled as he stepped back to join her behind Cara. Her smile was soft and beamed brighter than the gorgeous yellow sun in the sky. He once again found himself smiling every time he saw her excited face. 

          "Now, there's nothing on this planet that can damage the legs on this thing, so we're gonna build a trap." Cara's voice brought him out of his thoughts. "We're gonna need to dig real deep, right here, so that when it steps in, it drops. The three of us will hit their camp. Provoke them. That'll bring the fight out of the woods and down here to us."

          "I need you to cut down trees and build barricades along these edges." Myrah stepped down and pointed towards the edge of the water. "I need it high enough so that they can't get over, and strong enough so that they can't break through."

          "Okay." Mando glanced around, his helmet carefully scanning the area. "Who knows how to shoot?" 

          Sure, they didn't expect many people to raise their hands, but they didn't expect for Omera to be the only one with her hand in the air. 

          The rest of the day was spent passing out blasters and testing the villagers abilities. Cara was teaching half of the people to use spears while Myrah and the Mandalorian handled guns. 

          They set up a wide target consisting of a series of pans hanging from a branch. It was a fairly simple target, but hardly anyone was able to land a shot on the metal. Well, except for Omera. 

          She hit every shot with ease and immaculate precision. Mando's eyes widened beneath the helmet accompanied by a small, but impressed, smile.