𝟯𝟭

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

          Cara and Din sat at a small table in the belly of the ship, their hands clasped together as they struggled to knock the others arm down. My bet was on Cara, she had taken him down once, I was certain she could do it again. He seemed to lose often to the two of us.

          "I got you, Mando." She chuckled.

          "Care to double the bet?" He grunted as he fought against her.

          The child sat next to me in its poorly constructed bassinet. My thumb rubbed the soft hairs on his huge green ears comfortingly. I enjoyed his presence and he seemed to enjoy mine. 

          He reached his hand out towards the two, his eyes narrowing as he focused. I smiled, assuming that he was simply trying to help Din win.

          Boy, was I wrong.

          Cara gasped and dropped Din's hand on the table, grasping for her throat as she started choking. I looked over at Din, who looked equally confused, then back at the child. I guess he helped in his own deranged, murderous way.

          I quickly grabbed the child and pulled its focus away from Cara, allowing her to finally take a breath.

          "Cara is a friend. Okay? Friend." I spoke calmly.

          "That is not okay!" Cara snapped.

          Kuiil hummed and glanced at the child in my arms. "Very curious."

          "Curious?" She scoffed. "It almost killed me!"

          "He doesn't know any better!" I defended.

          "The story you told me of the mudhorn now makes more sense." Kuiil spoke to Din.

          "What is it?" Din asked while I fidgeted in my seat.

          My eyes widened as I remembered the one little secret I hid. I knew I was forgetting to tell him something. It'll have to wait for a better time, I guess. Now was certainly not the time to get into that.

          "What it is, I don't know. But what it does, this- this I've heard rumors of."

          Cara continued to catch her breath, recovering from the brute force on her throat. "What? When you worked for the Empire?"

          "When I was sold to the Empire in indentured servitude."

          "Yet somehow, you walk free." Cara stood, her eyes narrowing towards Kuiil.

          "I bought my freedom through the skill of my hands and the labor of three of your human lifetimes." Kuiil defended himself with honor. "Do not cast doubt upon that of what I am nor whom I shall serve."