Prologue (Old Chapter One)

Dear Lovelies, 

I'm rewriting this story, so the chapters might be confusing. This is now the prologue, but was the old Chapter One. 

Love, 

Desiree. 

------

Every night, I would look out my window, gazing upon the star filled sky, wondering what mysteries lay beyond the mundane town of Mystic Falls. Sometimes, I imagined myself as one of the stars, fighting to be noticed against thousands of other dazzling lights, but only to be forgotten once the sun rises. Elena was the Sun, and I, merely a small star, lost in her light. I've accepted this fate. The fate of the other Gilbert, the lesser sister. Everyone's second choice.

Life was lonely, until I discovered a world beyond my imagination. A world that I thought only existed in fairytales and nightmares. The world of the Supernatural. I was a teen when the accident happened, only thirteen when my friend died by my hands. We were playing with rollerblades, having a laugh as we pushed each other around. But I pushed too hard, and she ended up falling onto the road, where a passing truck struck her. I no longer became the other Gilbert, but now, everyone called me a Murderer. Unknown to them, I became something different entirely. That day, I triggered my Werewolf gene, and became a beast cursed to shift under the power of the full moon. This was my punishment for taking a life.

Every month I sneak out into the woods to shift, the pain was excruciating. I learned after my first shift, that I had to be tied down. The first night, I killed another innocent person. My hands were now stained with the blood of two lives.

I grew to love nature, finding comfort in it. Like a child would to its mother. After school I would always go to the woods, practicing to control my newfound strength. It was then, that something ethereal happened. Softly, the breeze danced around me, carrying little flowers and leaves, as if the Earth itself was whispering to me. The ground seemed to shift, the air seemed lighter, and the dew on the grass floated towards me. That day I discovered I was much more than a Werewolf, I was also a Witch. How it was possible, I wasn't sure. All I know is that I was a hybrid. Part Witch, part Werewolf. My name is Clarissa Jacqueline Gilbert, most may call me the other Gilbert girl, or even the murderer, but I am more than that. I'm the woman that brought light into the darkest of souls. I'm the hybrid that made Niklaus Mikaelson's stone cold heart beat again.