Chapter One

Thin walls. If there were two words to describe the Gilbert household it would be 'thin walls'. Honestly, the number of times I've overheard Elena and her gang of mischief supernaturals come up with absurd plans was laughable. I love my family, but there are times where I would like to scream at them for all the stupid plans that end up in a bloodbath. Whenever I overhear the latest problem in Mystic Falls, I get a pang of sadness knowing that they don't trust me enough to share it with me. It's hypocritical of me, as I, myself am hiding things from them, but even Matt, the blue eyed Jock, knows more than me about what goes bumping in the night at Mystic Falls.

"Clarissa can't find out Damon," Elena sighed, "she's the only normal one in the family."

"I vote, we give her to Klaus," the older Salvatore scoffed, causing me to roll my eyes as I laid on my bed. A perk of practicing magic and having Werewolf abilities is that I can eavesdrop whenever I want, perhaps it was because of that, and not the thin walls that I can hear everything.

"I'm not giving my sister on a silver platter, like some offering."

"She's weird, no ones going to miss her," Damon reasoned.

"I know she is," Elena admitted, causing me to wince, even my own twin finds me strange, lovely.

"But she's still family, so we need to find another way to stop Klaus," Elena stated.

"Fine Elena, have it your way. But remember this, if everything fails, she will be the one that gets sacrificed, not you."

The loud bang of the front door told me Damon finally left the house, causing me to let out a breath of relief. I've never had much conversation with Damon, after he failed to get into my pants, he lost interest in me.

"Hey, Clary, are you awake?" Elena asked as she softly knocked on my door.

"Ya, I'm up 'Lena," I said as I sat up.

"I just came in to make sure you're doing alright, we haven't talked in a while." Elena stood by the door with a frown.

"We never talk Elena, and from your stance I can see that this is making you uncomfortable. You don't have to do this, you know?"

"I care about you, Clary," Elena told me as she rubbed her forehead, "but it's you that pushes me away."

Annoyed, I stood up with a glare, "perhaps thats true, but its also you who stood and watched as the kids in school bullied me, as they would throw things at me, and call me a murderer. I don't need your pity or your worry, because it's too late for that now, I've grown up," closing my eyes, I let out a breath, "listen Elena, you're my sister, and I'll always love you, but that doesn't mean we're friends."

"We can be friends, we can start talking to each other again, like when we were little," Elena whispered.

"Maybe if we become sisters again in the next life. Perhaps then things will be different," I walked up to her with a sad smile, "good night 'Lena," I kissed her forehead before turning around to go back to bed.

"Clarissa," Elena called out.

"Yes?"

"Never-mind," she furrowed her brows, "goodnight."

...............................

If there was one thing that Mystic Falls High has an abundance for its parties. It always seemed strange to me how Caroline could have so much time and energy to organise all the dances and events, especially with the number of enemies that arrives in Mystic Falls's door steps. However, I'm not one to complain, as I always get a good laugh from the dance, and usually the disasters that follows them. Although, if anything does go too far out of hand, I will definitely step in, because its fun and games until someone I actually love gets caught in the crossfire.