Chapter 19 Masquerade Ball

Tonight is the masquerade ball, Klaus is obviously taking me, although he has been suspiciously gone the entire day, when I asked him he said he was sending an invitation to a friend of his. I wonder who it is. Right now I'm in a dress shop with Rebekah in the closest city near Mystic Falls. I went out of the dressing room to show Rebekah the dress.
Rebekah gasp when she saw me.
"Clary you look... Beautiful, like a goddess!" She says in awe. This caused me to giggle and blush a crimson red.
"Stop it Bekah you're exaggerating." As I said this I turn around to look at the full length mirror and I gasp, the dress fits me perfectly, it showed my curves amazingly and makes my boobs look bigger. Its a ankle length white dress. There are white selves that connects to the dress with a golden amulet, the sleeves reach my wrist but it's flows, like a dress from the games of thrones. There is a huge golden belt from my belly button up to below my breast, it looks like a corset. The golden belt had a floral pattern that looks beautiful. The cloth above my ankle has a golden floral pattern that slowly fades. 5 inches below my but there's a cut all the way until my ankle to show of my legs. Overall the dress looks amazing, but I'm not sure if it would match the masquerade theme.
"Bekah it's beautiful but it doesn't really match the theme. What am I suppose to use as a mask?" I ask turning to face her.
"I have the perfect mask, I got it when me and Nik went to Italy at that time there was the renaissance, loads of people sold amazing fashions. Mask, dresses and even undergarment," Rebekah says.
"Very well," I say.

When we reach the mansion me and Rebekah brought all our shopping to her room, we went through all our clothes then we went separate ways to shower. After showering I used my bra and underwear and a knee length kimono then I went downstairs to the living room where everyone is. When I walked in the living room Kol whistled and smirked. He look up and down my body and stop at my boobs.
"Kol my face is up here." I say and he jumped causing the rest to laugh. I sit beside Bekah and let a woman do my nails.
"You went after Elena!" Klaus screamed walking in.
"Relax she's fine." she says.
"She better be! Or you will soon find another dagger in your heart!" He yells causing me to gasp.
"Again with the dagger threats! Is that the only thing you have?!" Kol ask mockingly, before Klaus could answer Esther walks in.
"Nicklaus come, I wish to speak with you." She says then leaves again. Klaus looks worried while everyone else in his family is smirking. Before he left he looks at me but my face shows no emotion.

I look at the mirror and smile, I look amazing. I'm wearing the dress with a black and gold Charlotte Olympia heels. I am using the mask Rebekah gave me, she's right it's absolutely beautiful and matches the dress. It is all white and has golden floral lace surrounding the edges, on the right side there are strips of gold and white floral patters that are sticking out to frame my head. My makeup makes my eyes pop out and seems as if it's glitters. I walk out of the room hoping to find Klaus, but he isn't here. I walk towards the stairs hearing music and people talking. When I reach the stairs I saw Klaus with Caroline, he is flirting with her, this scene brakes my heart causing my eyes to be glazed with tears. But I will remain strong so I start walking down the steps. A lot of people gasp and look at me in amazement. Most wonder who I am, others curious of where I got my dress. When I finally reach the bottom everyone glance at me and whispers, men with lust in their eyes and women with jealousy. I looked around finally spotting Rebekah with Kol and walk over to them, but before I could go any further klaus stops me and kisses my knuckles.
"You look beautiful love." he whispers.
"Finally you notice! Where were you today! I tried calling but you wouldn't answer! And when I walked out of OUR room you weren't even waiting for me! I had to go down the stairs myself!" I whisper/yell.
"So? You could have just walked down yourself." He said annoyed. I gasp and just walk away.
"Where are you going?! Clarissa don't be like that!" He says but I ignore him and jut walk towards Bekah and Kol.
"Of course she looks pretty everything she's wearing Nik bought." Bekah says.
"What are you talking about?" I ask and they both froze.
"Nothing!" They said at the same time.
"Bekah." I say and look into her eyes.
"Ugh, fine! Everything caroline is wearing Nik bought for her." Rebekah whispers. That is what he was doing the entire day, buying pretty clothes and giving jewelry to Caroline! Why would he do that! I'm his mate not her! Something wet touched my cheeks when I felt it I relies I am crying.
"I... I'm going to go." I say, before any of them could answer I left and found my self at a corner of the house crying.
"I'll bring you anywhere you want, Paris, Rome, Japan." I heard a voice say through the wall. There was a door and I peak through it, klaus and Caroline are talking. He wanted to go with her and leave me! I couldn't stand it any longer it zoomed to my room and packed a small bag of clothes and my toiletries. I heard arguing and I look outside my window, Kol is unconscious and the Mikaelsons looks shock so does Elena, Damon them zooms away. Since everyone is occupied I'm leaving now, before I left I went into Niks art room and saw tons of sketches on his desk, I saw one of me and I smiled, but looking at the other side of the table I saw a unfinished sketch of Caroline. Is he replacing me? I start to cry so I zoomed out of the room but collided with something hard sending me flying backwards.
"What are you doing?" I look up to see klaus holding my back looking furious.
"I'm leaving for a while." I say.
"What are you doing in my art room." he says angrily. Is he being serious he doesn't care that I'm leaving he but he cares that I'm in his art room!
"Why can't I be here? I'm your MATE! Not Caroline!" I yell tears streaming down my face.
"Do not talk about her!" He yells angrily.
"You disgust me! Finally there's someone who loves you and you push me away! I love you Klaus but what is it about me that repulse you? Is it the fact that you know that I will always love you? Is it not exiting anymore! Why is Caroline better! She should mean nothing to you! I am your mate we belong together! Not you and some wannabe slut!" I yell. Suddenly I fell and I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek. I raised my hand to touch my cheek but recoil when it stings, I look at my hand and saw blood. I look up to Klaus seeing him frozen in place emotionless, I start crying. Finally I stand up and walk over to Klaus, I take my bag from his hand and walk away, but I stop at the door I look behind me and see a tear stained klaus,
"We're over."i say and left to go to my cottage.