|18| dancing to soft melodies

Jungkook view

Jungkook walked up to taehyung, steps slow and careful. Taehyung was looking at him in shock, prominent eyes widening through his mask. "you're—you're here." he murmured, voice almost a whisper.

Jungkook nodded slightly and taehyung took this chance to stare at him. The black suit fit his muscular body so perfectly, and his golden mask outlined the handsome sharp features of his face. Taehyung was staring at him in a daze and didnt notice himself until Jungkook said his name.

"you spaced out." Jungkook smirked, knowing the reason.

Taehyung blushed and looked away and this time Jungkook was discretely staring at him too.

"why did you change your mind?" taehyung asked.

Jungkook pursed his lips, gaze roaming around the hall before landing on taehyung again. Because of you. He wanted to say. "because—" well he was about to say it.

"Jungkook!" instead jisung cut in. "you actually came." he laughed.

Jungkook glared at him for interrupting his moment with taehyung. He looked at the boy, he was smiling softly, bread cheeks raised making him look so adorable.

Jungkook nudged jisungs hand off his shoulder and sorted out his suit. "yeah." he grumbled in response to him.

"check out the chinese fried rolls they have, they're amazing." jisung said as he began pulling Jungkook away who groaned internally, only wanting to be with taehyung as that was the reason he even came.

Yeosang who was there the whole time, casually sipping on his drink looked at taehyung and saw how he was still staring at Jungkook as he got pulled away. "gosh you're so in love with him." he said.

Taehyung immediately looked at him. "'m not!" he squeaked a little embarrassed. Yeosang just chuckled and grabbed him for another dance.

Taehyung view

Yeosang left for the toilet and taehyung was sat by himself on one of the fancy couches, waiting for him. He saw jimin and kai stumble towards him and he smiled brightly. "jiminie!" he exclaimed, he hadnt seen him all night.

"hi tae, having fun?" jimin asked as he sat down.

Taehyung nodded and hummed in reply. Kai looked at him.

"i hope you dont find this creepy...but ive been watching you tonight and i'd like to ask you to dance with me. If thats okay with you." kai asked sweetly, smile on his face.

Taehyung looked at him in slight surprise, never thinking kai would ask him to dance. He bit his lip in thought and hesitantly answered him. "o-okay.." he said and kai took his hand and led him to the middle of the hall.

Taehyung was nervous but kai was kind and he kind of knew him. He felt kais' hands lay on his sides and he continued to bite his lip nervously. Taehyung slowly rested his hands on kais shoulders, not wanting to touch him too much.

Kai smiled down at him and taehyung slowly returned the soft gesture, he wasnt really feeling anything as they dance to the music in the background, only feeling like it was wrong and something that should not be happening.

Suddenly the upbeat music changed to a slow song and taehyung felt kais arms wrap around his waist now. His breath hitched and he looked at kai anxiously. Kai was just smiling at him the whole time, not really saying anything.

Taehyung was beginning to feel uncomfortable as kais hands dropped lower to his hips. He exhaled and looked down. "s-sorry, i-i cant do this." He whispered, voice agitated and He quickly got out of kais hold and ran away back to the couch.

Jungkook view

After he got dragged away by jisung, Jungkook kept his eyes on Taehyung the whole time. He was about to go sit on the couch with him until he saw Kai take him for a dance, he was angry and just wanted to storm over to them and rip Taehyung out of kais arms and bring him into his, but he didnt. He just stood there watching them.

His jaw was clenched when a slow song came on and the way Kai was holding Taehyung. He kept looking at the boy and noticed how he was uncomfortable.

He then watched as Taehyung muttered something and ran back to the couch, leaving Kai to just scoff and walk away. Jungkook was still angry and made no move to walk towards Taehyung, he wanted the boy to come to him for once. Despite his shyness.

Taehyung view

Taehyung felt much better after having some water. He wondered where Jungkook was. Dancing with Kai, the whole time he was thinking what it would be like to dance in Jungkooks arms, safe and secured. He bit his lip and stood up slowly, Eyes searching for the raven haired.

His eyes landed on that familiar gold mask and Jungkook was already looking right at him but he didnt look happy or pleased at all. Taehyung slowly walked over to him, he let out a big breath.

"h-hi." he quietly said. Hi???

Jungkook looked at him briefly but quickly looked away again. Taehyung pouted a little but it was gone as soon as it came.  He noticed Jungkooks tongue pressing against the inside of his cheek and he only did that when he was mad.

"whats wrong?" Taehyung asked him, frowning in concern.

Jungkook scoffed. "nothing. Just surprised you're here and not dancing around with all these men."

Taehyungs face scrunched up into hurt on hearing that. "w-what?"

Jungkooks gaze hardened. "you heard me."

Taehyung eyes prickled with tears at Jungkooks rude attitude and instantly jungkook noticed the look of hurt on his face. He quickly regretted even opening his mouth.

Taehyung was about to walk off and jungkook cursed under his breath, hating himself. He quickly grabbed Taehyungs elbow making the boy stop his movements.

"dance with me." jungkook ordered in his deep voice.

Taehyung turned to look at him. "what?" he whispered.

"i want to dance with you." jungkook said, eyes softening.

Before Taehyung could reply jungkook was already taking him to the centre. He gently held Taehyungs hand in his own and then grabbed the boys arms to wrap around his neck. Jungkooks own hands rested on Taehyungs waist, having a firm grip and Taehyung loved the feeling.

Jungkook stepped closer to him and Taehyungs breath hitched and his heart started beating rapidly. Jungkook softly pulled Taehyung closer, chests almost touching and faces literally only a centimetre or two apart.

Taehyung tightened his hold around jungkooks neck, feeling shy and nervous.

"im sorry for upsetting you." jungkook uttered softly.

Taehyung smiled lightly at him. "its okay."

Jungkook looked at him as if he was the world. He felt so happy having Taehyung in his arms like this as their bodies slowly swayed to the soft melody of the song.

Taehyung too looked at him contently, feeling so secured in his hold. Jungkooks gaze went to Taehyungs plump, red lips that were glossy with his lipbalm.

He gulped visibly and his eyes darkened, wanting to fulfil his desire of kissing Taehyung right then and there. His face slowly moved closer to Taehyungs who was looking at him cautiously.

"jungkook." Taehyung whispered, breath quickening.

Immediately jungkook halted and he looked at Taehyung. He dismissed the moment by simply pulling Taehyung closer to him and the boy responded by resting his head on the olders chest.

Jungkook rested his chin on Taehyungs hair and also pressed a soft kiss there too, hoping the boy didnt feel it. However Taehyung smiled knowingly, heart fluttering wildly.

They remained in eachothers embrace, bodies close, hearts beating, stomachs fluttering. Their love being a fragile flower soon opening to the warmth of spring after this cold winter surpasses.

//////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Your favourite movie?