|19| irises on fire

Taehyung view

There was two days until christmas and tonight a bonfire was being held in the city. It was eight o'clock and Taehyung and jisung were helping some of the locals collect firewood for the bonfire.

"i'll rearrange the logs and you can collect some sticks from the woods." jisung explained to Taehyung who nodded his head and ran off in the woods.

His feet trampled through the sticks and bushes, creating little pitter patter sounds. He picked up any big peices of wood he could find, holding It closely to his chest. The moonlight shone through the tall trees, but it provided little light yet Taehyung wasnt scared even a little becuase he was too focused on getting wood.

He was a few steps deep into the woods when he heard more footsteps behind him. Taehyung halted, hands unconciously clutching the wood tighter, his breath hitched and he slowly turned around.

The moonlight was gone and it had become darker now. Taehyung saw the shadow of a figure but couldnt tell who it was. "w-who's there?" he stuttered, feeling scared.

The person chuckled but instead of sounding pleasant it came out bitter. They stepped forward and Taehyung recognised the person as they were stood right in front of him.

"kai?" Taehyung muttered, brows furrowed in confusion.

Kai smirked, hands arrogantly shoved inside his pockets. "look at you, always so obedient." he said in an almost teasing tone as he beckoned towards Taehyung holding all the firewood.

"what?" Taehyung asked quietly. He felt creeped out from kais intense stare.

"you know- thats what i like about you Taehyung. so submissive and cute." kai continued to say as he walked closer to Taehyung.

Taehyung began to back away slowly as kai kept walking towards him. He felt his back hit against a tree and he was looking at kai with wide eyes, body trembling a little.

"why did you run away yesterday Taehyung?" kai frowned.

Taehyung bit his lip, having a struggle with breathing. "i-i dont-"

Kai stepped closer. "you dont like me? Is that it?" kais jaw was clenched and he felt himself becoming angry.

Before Taehyung could answer, kai was already stood right in front of him and he brought his hand up and his thumb was stroking the boys cheek. Taehyung was breathing heavily and some of the wood fell out of his hands.

"because i like you taehyung. Its a shame you dont feel the same way about me." kai carried on staring at him, hand still touching his face.

"s-stop." taehyung managed to breathe out. His eyes became teary and he tried to blink it away.

"no. I wont stop until you're-"

"get your fucking hand off him kai." jungkooks deep voice was heard. The two boys didnt even hear anyone else come but there, jungkook was standing, scowling at kai.

Kai turned around and took a deep breath. He glared at jungkook. "this isnt your buisness jungkook." he grunted.

Jungkook stepped forward. His body was supressing all of his anger as he hated what he was seeing; the way taehyungs shaking body was pressed up against the tree with kai holding his face. The way he was now trying to stop his tears.

"i said get your hand off him." jungkook growled.

"why should i do that?" kai rolled his eyes.

Jungkooks fist clenched from his words. He took in a deep breath and walked closer to him.

"because. He's mine." he uttered with his deep voice.

Taehyung let out a soft gasp hearing jungkook say that and he almost smiled if it wasnt for the way kai was harshly holding his face. The boy was gripping his cheek roughly and taehyung instantly whimpered.

Jungkooks eyes darkened and it was like his irises were on fire. He grabbed kais shoulder and threw him to the ground harshly. He then grabbed his collar and stood him up, pushing him away roughly before he spoke again. "dont ever lay your filthy hands on him again. Now fuck off." he seethed, watching how the boy scrambled off.

Taehyung let out a big sigh of relief. His big eyes peered at jungkook and he couldnt forget his words from earlier. Jungkook slowly turned around to face him but his gaze was casted down. There was a minute of silence.

"i meant what i said."jungkook started off, tone unrecognisable.

"what?" taehyung asked softly.

"when i said you were mine. I meant that taehyung. I like you." jungkook confessed suddenly, eyes darting up to meet taehyungs.

Taehyung was looking at him in surprise, not expecting this at all. He blinked a couple of times but then broke out into a little smile.

"you dont have to-"

"i-i like you too jungkook." taehyung confessed shyly, fingers fumbling together.

Jungkook looked at him and froze. He let out a breathy laugh and suddenly pulled taehyung into a hug and twirled him around causing the younger boy to giggle loudly.

Jungkooks arms wrapped around taehyungs waist and taehyungs hands were resting on the olders chest. They were smiling at eachother, eyes being shooting stars as they collide together to make a shining galaxy.

"can you say it again?" jungkook asked.

"what?" taehyung frowned.

"say that you like me."

Taehyung smiled brightly. "i like you..." he giggled a little, cheeks turning pink.

Jungkook leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to the boys forehead causing taehyung to smile even wider. "i think we should go back before i end up kissing you." jungkook said, knowing the younger boy wasnt ready yet.

Taehyungs stomach did a flip hearing that and he flusteredly let go of jungkook and went to pick up the fallen wood. He heard jungkook chuckle before he came and helped him, both of them bringing back the wood to jisung.

"hurry up, you took so long." jisung complained as he snatched the wood out of their hands and placed it in the fire which had started to grow very big now that taehyung had to crane his neck upwards to see the top of it.

Jungkook took taehyungs hand in his and the boy looked up at him happily. They went and sat down on a log next to jisung, jimin and yeosang who were eyeing their linked hands with knowing looks causing jungkook to just roll his eyes at them.

Suddenly fireworks also erupted in the sky and taehyung gasped when he saw them, eyes beaming at the sky as the pretty colours reflected in his eyes. Jungkook was staring at him fondly, finding him so beautiful and adorable.

He sneakily wrapped his arm around the boys waist, pulling him closer to his side now that he could. Taehyung turned to look at him, looking so happy and that definitely showed from his elated, grinning face. Jungkook smiled back softly, watching the fireworks and the bonfire through taehyungs shining eyes.

//////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

What did you eat for lunch/ breakfast? (depending on the time zone)