24

"So you have one of the stones already?" Kate asked me, her voice hushed. We were sat eating breakfast in Spoons, and I was waiting for Adam to text me to say whether he'd had any ideas. So far, I'd heard nothing.

I nodded. "Well, Adam does." I said. "We were trying to find the one that Akio hid, but it wasn't anywhere obvious. I'm just waiting to see if he's come up with any ideas."

"Oh." Kate said. "I don't think I will be any help."

I chuckled. "I don't think I am, either. Adam is the one who knows Akio. I wouldn't have a clue where to look."

"I'm sure you're helping in other ways." Kate said. "Like, support. Or if you're faced with that Fuji dude again-"

"Fujio." I corrected.

"Fujio, whatever." Kate said, not caring. "You will definitely come in handy then."

I shrugged. "I suppose."

"Anyway." Kate said, finishing her food. "In the mean time, do you wanna come help me with this work Irina has given us? I can't for the life of me understand it."

I laughed. "Sure, I haven't finished it yet either."

"Awesome." Kate said, and we started gathering our things before making our way to the lab.

__________

Kate and I worked for a couple of hours before I got a text from Adam.

I think I may have thought of something, but I'm gonna need your help.

I gasped.

"What is it?" Kate asked.

"Adam said he may have thought of something." I said.

"Oh, that's good." Kate said, as I started packing my things away. "What is it?" She asked.

"No idea." I said. "But he said he might need my help."

"Oh." Kate said. "Do you think he will need any more help?"

I looked up from my bag, and smiled. "You wanna come?"

Kate grinned. "Yeah. All this sounds fucking cool."

I shrugged. "I don't see why not." I said. "Adam won't mind- he already knows I tell you everything."

Kate clapped and started packing her things away. "Yes." She said under her breath.

When we'd packed, we started walking outside, and as we went, I called Ronan.

"Did Adam find something?" Ronan asked, as we approached him outside. We then started walking round the corner, out of sight.

"Maybe." I said. "Could you take us?"

"Sure." He said. "But I won't be able to stay. I have a new Argent to create."

I looked at him- he seemed excited by this. "You haven't had a new Argent since me, have you?"

He grinned. "Nope."

"Wait." Kate began. "Are you gonna stab someone?"

Ronan shrugged. "Probably." He said.

"Jesus." She muttered. "And you're excited about that?"

"It's always exciting." Ronan chuckled. "Anyway, are you ready?"

Kate nodded- I realised this was the first time she'd teleported, unless you counted the time when she got stabbed and was barely conscious.

Ronan grabbed both of our shoulders, and our feet left the ground.