47

I wondered whether Ryan or Sunny would turn up to uni the next day- yeah, they seemed fine last night, but they would have slept on it. They would have had time to think. To process. They may not have even slept, meaning their thoughts could have strayed all over the place.

I had no doubt that Ryan had conjured up a number of questions since Kate, Sunny and I left, probably bombarding Adam with them and then trying to remember the ones Adam couldn't answer. Same went for Sunny, who'd quietly gone home by herself.

I was relieved when Ryan walked into the lab and came to sit next to us. At first, he didn't say anything- he just logged onto his computer in silence, and started getting today's exercise up.

Then, without turning to look at Kate and I, he spoke. "No, I have not forgotten what happened yesterday." He said. "And yes, I am almost at the point of understanding." He paused. "Almost."

I nodded. "Are you okay about it?"

He seemed to think for a second. "I think so. I had so many questions last night, but I've forgotten most of them." He chuckled. "Adam did answer some, but most of them were about you so he didn't know all the answers."

I laughed, having known that this would happen. "Well, that's okay." I said. "Just throw whatever questions you have at me whenever. Or Kate. Even Irina and David would be happy to talk to you about it."

Ryan turned to face us then, and then seemed surprised at something. "Woah." He said.

"What?" I frowned, and so did Kate.

"Your eyes are fucking silver." He said.

I laughed. "Oh, you can see it now?"

"Looks like you managed to persuade your brain." Kate pointed out.

Ryan chuckled. "This is all so crazy." He said. "I also forgot about David and Irina. I've been so busy trying to process the fact that you guys have powers that I didn't even think about them." He shook his head, amused. "Crazy."

Sunny walked in then, and just smiled. "By the way you're all looking at me, can I assume that yesterday was not some crazy ass dream?"

I laughed. "You can." I said.

"Phew." She said. "Then I'm not going completely mad."

She then sat down next to Ryan.

Irina walked into the lab then and started logging onto the lecturer computer, ready to start the lesson. Nothing out of the ordinary, except Ryan couldn't stop staring.

"You're gonna freak her out if you keep staring at her like that." I said to him.

Ryan turned away. "I just... I don't know why I was expecting her to look different. How come she doesn't have silver eyes like you? And how come you are called an Argent Eye, and not Argent Eyes?"

"Yeah." Sunny said, joining the conversation. "I was thinking that last night."

"Well, firstly, Argents don't usually have two silver eyes." I said.

"Millie is weird in that way." Kate pointed out.

I smiled, but didn't disagree. "Thanks. But yeah, that's just me. Also, usually after a while an Argent can learn to control when they want to reveal or hide their silver eye. Unfortunately, that was never an option for me."

"Millie is weird in that way, too." Kate said.

I laughed, not denying it. "So yeah."

"You seem to be weird in a lot of ways." Ryan said.