40

My eyes flickered open- I was looking at a white ceiling. I looked around to see Sam, Kate, Ronan and Adam all standing around, their arms folded. They looked like they'd been waiting a while.

"Oh, hey." Kate said, coming over. "You okay?"

I sat up, feeling a little groggy but otherwise fine. "Yeah, all good." I said.

Ronan also came over. "Did you see what you needed to?"

I nodded. "Yes. I know who has it." I turned to Sam. "Thanks for your help."

Sam smiled, nodded, and then got up to leave the room.

"Wait." I said. Sam turned around. "There was a moment when somebody from the memory saw me. Like me me. I thought that couldn't happen?"

Sam chuckled. "Ah." He said. "I forgot to mention, do not touch anything or change anything or you will be noticed. Did this person forget after a moment?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"That's good." He said, and then just turned and walked out. I wondered what would have happened if I continued to move stuff in the memory, but decided not to dwell on it too much.

"So, what did you see?" Kate asked after Sam left.

"One of my primary school teachers had it." I said, and chuckled. "I think she made me find it, and then got a Spirit Warrior to wipe my memory. She said that I would recover the memory when the time was right."

"Oh." Adam said. "Was your teacher a Spirit Warrior as well?"

I frowned. "I'm not sure, actually. Maybe."

"She seemed to know that you would recover the memory, though." Ronan said. "Very few Argents can tell the future, but it's a possibility."

"I can't say I've heard of a Spirit Warrior being able to see the future, but it could be possible." Adam said.

I nodded. "I'll need to go home, back to Kent." I said. "I can arrange to go this weekend."

Adam nodded. "That would be great." He said. "Thank you for doing this."

I smiled. "Anytime." I said, and then yawned.

"For someone who just slept for two hours, you look exhausted." Kate said.

"I mean, thanks." I chuckled. "I feel it."

"I'll take you back." Ronan said.

I smiled gratefully, and then stood up. "Thanks. I'll keep you all updated." I looked at Adam.

"Okay, sure." He said. "Thanks again, Mills."

I nodded, and then took Kate's hand so that Ronan could teleport us home.

__________