46

Adam immediately set about making tea for everyone. We were all sat on his red sofa, still silent and not sure where to begin. Not sure whether to begin.

Ryan chuckled nervously. "Is this when you tell us that our drinks got spiked and we just hallucinated everything back there?"

Adam walked in and placed a tray of tea on the coffee table, before sitting down.

"Is that what you want us to tell you?" I asked, taking a mug.

Sunny shook her head.

"It would be a lot easier to understand." Ryan admitted. "But if it's not the truth, then no. I want you to tell us what really happened."

Kate, Adam and I all exchanged a look and nodded, as if to confirm that we were willing to tell them about everything.

We decided to take it in turns. I went first, reminding Ryan and Sunny of the time I'd been stabbed before explaining what really happened, and what it made me. Then Kate, who briefly went over the Doctor Geralds situation so she could get to her bit and how she was now able to heal. Then it was Adam, who gave them the same explanation that I got, and about Akio and Fujio and the stones. He explained that they were the reason Fujio's men came after us just now.

"So, yeah." Adam said.

"Jesus." Sunny muttered, sipping her tea.

Ryan nodded, and took a good few minutes to digest all of that. Then, his eyes widened.

"No fucking way." He said, putting his mug down in case he should spill the remainder of his tea. He paused, as if he thought he'd just realised something although wasn't entirely sure. "It can't be."

"What?" I asked.

"David." Ryan said after a moment.

I'd told both Ryan and Sunny about myself and Ronan, but hadn't mentioned David or Irina. It seemed that Ryan had figured it out on his own, though.

"David is one of you guys?" Sunny asked, looking at me.

I chuckled. "Half." I said. "He's an Heir. Inherited powers from his dad."

"Oh." Ryan said. "Damn."

"Irina is one." Kate added.

Ryan's eyes seemed to grow wider and wider. Sunny just stared. 

"What?!" Ryan exclaimed, but he was close to laughing. "I've been meeting with Irina every week to get help on my project. How did I not notice any of this?"

"I mean, it wasn't supposed to be obvious to you." I said. "Otherwise everyone would know about it."

"Well, yeah, but still." He said. "Right under my nose. All this time, and I didn't have a clue."

Both Ryan and Sunny seemed to be taking it all quite well. They were past the initial shock, and now just seemed intrigued by it all. Both of them were pretty open minded people at the best of times, and growing up watching superhero movies meant that it wasn't too difficult to understand. The only difficult bit was believing, but they'd most definitely seen enough.

"Okay." Sunny said eventually. "I think... I think I just need some time to persuade my brain that this is most definitely real. Then I'll be good."

"Same." Ryan agreed.

"Any questions, just ask." I said.

"I do have a question, actually." Ryan said. "You said you're called an Argent Eye. That's like the French for silver, right? You're called a silver eye? But you don't have a silver eye."

"You don't see it?" Sunny asked, motioning her hand at me as if it were obvious.

"See what?" Ryan asked.

"He's not quite processed it yet." I realised. "Maybe that's why."

"See what?" Ryan stressed again.

"Millie does have a silver eye." Kate said. "In fact, she has two. But it's not visible to normal people. Only if they know."

He frowned. "How comes Sunny can see it?"

I shrugged. "She's clearly accepted it quicker than you have." I chuckled.

 "Ah, I wanna see!" He exclaimed, clearly annoyed that he was the only one who wasn't seeing it.

"When you've persuaded your brain that what you saw was real, you will see it." I said.

"You can stay here tonight." Adam said to both Ryan and Sunny.

Ryan nodded. "Thanks."

"Thanks." Sunny said. "But I think I need to sleep in my own bed tonight." She chuckled.

"I'm gonna head back home, too." I said, and looked at Kate. "You coming, or staying here?"

"I'm coming." She said, and we all stood up.

"You guys will be okay?" I looked at both Adam and Ryan, although mainly I was asking Ryan.

They nodded.

"We'll be fine." Adam said.

"Okay." I said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya." Kate said, and we left.

__________