34

I went back to the lab, only to see that Kate was right where I left her. Once again, I had to pull her earphone out to waver her attention from her work.

She gasped. "Oh, hey." She said. "How did it go?"

I slumped into the chair. "Not too bad, to be honest." I said.

"Well, what happened? What did he say?"

I basically repeated what Adam and I had said to each other as accurately as possible. Not that there was really much to say.

"Oh, that's good." Kate said. "He wasn't petty or anything about it?"

I shook my head. "No, not at all."

Kate laughed. "A part of me wondered whether he'd get all defensive and manly and then him and Ronan would be fighting over you like a bunch of teenagers or something."

I laughed. "Imagine."

Ryan sneaked up on us then. "Who's Ronan?" He asked.

Kate and I exchanged a glance. "Ronan is a friend from home." I said.

"Oh." Ryan said, and took a seat next to us. If Ryan was confused about why we were talking about a friend from home, he didn't ask. He did look a little suspicious at the fact that Kate and I had hesitated to answer, but just sat at the computer and started logging in. "Oh, I got hold of Adam last night." He said.

"Oh, really?" I said, knowing Ryan hadn't heard from him in a while.

"Yeah, he just said he's been busy with the restaurant." Ryan said. "I think we're going on a lads night out some time soon. Just to catch up."

"That's good." I said. If Adam was in anyway upset, then it would be good for him. It would also be a break from the Spirit-Warrior-Fujio stuff.

"Maybe we can go on a girls night?" Kate suggested, looking at me.

I smiled. "Absolutely."

"Hey Ryan, you coming to the museum tomorrow?" Kate asked.

"Oh, is that tomorrow?" He asked. "What time?"

"Meeting here at 9:30." I said.

Ryan thought about it. "That's early." He said.

I laughed. "Come on, it'll be fun."

He thought again. "Fine. I guess I'll win brownie points with Peter if I go."

"Exactly!" Kate laughed.

Irina and Peter walked into the lab then, and started the lesson.

__________