32

Depends how the memory was lost in the first place.

This is what Ronan answered my question with. Not a question, but also not a solid answer.

Say, if a Dreamwalker had wiped it?

I waited for Ronan's response.

Depends on the Dreamwalker. Did they intend for the memory to be lost forever? Or just hidden for a certain length of time? Also depends on the person having their memories wiped. You saw what happened with Peter.

I didn't know the answers to his questions, and so didn't respond.

Is everything okay? He asked after a while. Has someone had their memory wiped?

Possibly. I said.

Who? Adam?

Me. I replied. Ronan didn't respond for a few minutes, but then appeared in my bedroom.

"Oh, hey." I said.

He had a confused look on his face. "What do you mean, you've had your memory wiped?"

"Well, I don't know for sure." I said. "But when we were at the graveyard, Fujio said that I may have come into contact with the stones before, even if I didn't remember it."

Ronan frowned even more.

"But I can only think of a Dreamwalker being able to do that." I said. "Adam said a powerful Spirit Warrior could, but I dunno. I can't think of a time when I would have possibly come into contact with one of the stones."

Ronan chuckled. "Well, if your memories have been altered, then it's likely that that is why you can't think."

"Are you able to recover memories?" I asked.

Ronan rubbed his chin. "Like I said, it all depends on the situation. I can take a look and confirm if something is missing. I may not be able to recover it, though."

"Okay." I said. "Well, can you take a look now?"

"Sure." He said, and then sat next to me on the bed. "Close your eyes and try to relax."

I did as he said, sitting there with my eyes closed. He then placed his hand on my forehead- it was a little cold, but that was fine by me. I waited a few moments, with an odd feeling in my head. It was as if I could feel Ronan rummaging about in there, but obviously I made no effort to stop him.

When I felt Ronan's hand come away from my head, I opened my eyes. He was frowning.

"What is it?" I asked.

He rubbed his chin. "Well, there's definitely something missing."

I chuckled. "My sanity?"

He smiled. "Perhaps. But also something else, from way back. Maybe when you were eight or nine years old? But it's not a Dreamwalker's doing."

"Spirit Warrior?" I asked.

Ronan nodded. "I only know that because I experienced something similar with Akio. I feel like your memory could still be there, though. It's just hidden."

I pursed my lips. "So does that suggest that whoever did it didn't want it to be permanent?"

"Maybe." Ronan shrugged. "Perhaps they needed you to wait for the right time."

"Which is now, I guess." I said. "Hopefully Adam can find someone to help. Even if I can just see who had the stone. Then I can go and ask them."

Ronan nodded. "As long as it's not some random stranger." He chuckled, although it was entirely possible.

"Mmh." I agreed. "I think I will go mad if I can't recover this memory."