36

I woke early, ready to go to the science museum. I couldn't figure out why I was so excited to go- I mean, I'd been to the science museum before on school trips. I wondered whether it was the change of scenery that I was actually looking forward to, rather than the science museum itself. It was a break from uni and Argents and Spirit Warriors and boys. What more could you ask for?

I saw Kate walking a fair distance in front of me as I entered the Naval College, and knew she would have her earphones in. So, instead of shouting, I directed a sharp and cold gust of wind in her direction. It would have been strong enough for her to realise that it wasn't natural. Besides, it was a calm day- cold, but calm.

Immediately she stopped walking, turned, and then when she saw me she smiled and took her earphones out.

"I was like ninety percent sure that wasn't a natural gust of wind that happened to hit me right in the head." She chuckled as I got closer.

I laughed. "You wouldn't have heard me shout."

When I reached her, we were about to continue walking when Kate waved at someone behind me. I turned and saw Ryan was also there, who picked up his pace to catch up.

"I wasn't sure if I should shout when I saw the both of you." He chuckled as we walked. "But then Kate seemed to sense that you were behind her."

"Kate is talented like that." I said, wondering if he saw anything. I mean, I'd directed the air without actually using any obvious hand gestures. Just a discreet flick of the wrist by my side.

Ryan frowned then. "How did you know that she was there?" He asked. "I saw you pull your earphones out."

"Oh, you know." Kate said. "My spidey senses were tingling."

I laughed, and so did Ryan, but I could see he was a little confused. I was beginning to wonder how long Ryan would go without asking more questions. There had been a few occasions where he'd overheard something Argent related, and Kate or I had to lie. I felt bad, but it was definitely for Ryan's benefit.

When we got to uni, there were a few people hanging about outside- six altogether, including Sunny, and also Peter and Irina who were waiting.

Sunny walked over to us. "Hey, guys." She said, jigging on the spot. "You ready for a school trip?"

I laughed. "Absolutely. I'm actually quite excited about this."

"Same." Kate said. "I feel like we need a day out."

"Although, it would have been better to do it on a warmer day." Sunny said, shivering. She had her thick, winter coat zipped up to her chin with a hat and scarf on. Her hands were shoved tightly in her pockets. Kate and Ryan were similar. I had a coat on, but it was unzipped. No hat or gloves, obviously.

"Millie, aren't you cold?" Sunny asked, her teeth chattering.

"Yeah." Ryan said, as if only just noticing. "You haven't even done your coat up."

I shrugged and laughed. "I guess a little bit."

"Millie doesn't feel the cold." Kate said. I mean, she wasn't wrong.

I shrugged again.

"Right, okay everyone!" Peter called over the tiny crowd. "I think we can start to make a move. I'm assuming that the others are either not coming or are meeting us there."

So we started to go, hopping on the tube to get to South Kensington. When we got to the museum, there were two people waiting. We weren't early either. Clearly everyone else was sleeping in today, or thought that school trips were behind them.