Chapter 7

Sinking into the heat of the bath, surrounded by fragrant bubbles, I sigh and raise the glass of wine to my lips. The warm water wrapped around my body, making my toes curl as I relaxed further.

This was the life.

Setting the glass down on the floor, I grab the soap, ready to lather up my body when a ping sounds through the bathroom. I pause, wondering who it could be.

Since Mia had set up a dating app on my phone, I had been undated with notifications and direct messages. Some good, some bad and some damn right strange.

I'd spoken with over 20 different men in the past three days, maybe it would have been more but I tried to limit myself on how much I checked the app and how far I spoke with them. This was the world now, online and at the end of your fingertips. Gone was the days you'd go to a bar and actually have a conversation. I think I missed that..

Born in the wrong generation, that is what my mom always said when we spoke about the past. I grew up obsessed with the swinging sixties and the seventies, always picking out music and clothes from back then rather than the latest fashion trends.

Giving into temptation, I placed the soap down and replaced it with my phone, feeling the disapproval in my mind at doing such a thing. I knew I should have left my phone in my bedroom, but once or twice, I've done work in the bath. For example, I've made booking reservations with a hotel and proof read.

Opening up the app, I'm greeted with a red inbox, alerting me to the awaiting messages, but I bypass them in favour of looking through the profiles of other singletons.

Alan, 35.
English man, love travelling, music and sports. Just moved to Vegas for my new job, looking for a showgirl.

His photo shows him sat near a window, in low lighting, so part of his face is darker, brunette, brown eyes and has stubble styled into a goatee.

Not bad.

I tap on his name and look through the photos on his profile which has been linked to his social media. There's various photos of him stood on the beach and one of him holding a guitar.
I give him a swipe in the right direction before the next profile pops up.

James, 31
Career driven, fast cars, rock climbing. Looking for a blonde bombshell.

"Well, unfortunately James, I will not be able to help you." I tell my phone and swipe him left.

Rick, 27
Mom thinks it's time I found myself a wife.

"Eeeesh. Momma's boy, huh?"

Left.

Tom, 32
A geek at heart, I like everything from comics, movies, books and technology. I also love dogs.

Right!

Alexander, 36
Looking for someone to coupon with.

"Oh Alexander, couponing? I can't." I tell him before swiping left.

Chris, 36
Genuine, caring and educated guy. I stay active and positive. Looking for a lasting relationship with the right girl.

After a quick skip through his photos, I file him into the right. He is like a low budget Chris Hemsworth, and I am all for that right now.

I pick up my glass of wine from the floor and continue my search for Mr Right, or Mr Right Now, according to Sophie who is a well seasoned date apper. She also warned me the cons of such apps, as unwanted dick pics. I mean seriously guys, no woman wants that. What are we suppose to do with it? It's unnecessary, keep the snake in your pants.