Chapter 23

With learning about the paranormal, comes learning about the setting up and Zak was there to walk me through everything. Now with security gone, the museum seemed a little bit more scarier.

It takes a while to set up a base in the security room, where we keep all the equipment as well as planning out how I am going to work around the museum.

"I want to try that room." I tell him, pointing to one corner of the museum he has purposely avoided.

"El, I don't think that's a good idea."

I kinda like the way the abbreviated version of my name leaves his mouth, but I don't let that distract me from my previous statement.

"Why can't I go over there?"

"That's the dybbuk box chamber." He says looking up from the layout of the museum that he had printed out for me.

So attentive...

"Which means there will be guaranteed evidence, that thing is haunted as heck."

"No. It's dangerous for someone like you." He says making me cock a brow.

"You mean a woman?"

"What? No."

"Someone with epilepsy?" I push because now I've got my back up. I told him my condition will not rule me!

"I mean an amateur. This is your first investigation... I wouldn't let anyone do that. Hell I won't let Aaron do it, and he's been with me from the beginning. It's dangerous and it's dark. I'm sorry but the answer is no."

"Okay, well maybe next time?"

"Let's just see how you get on tonight.."  He replies bopping my nose before handing me a digital recorder.

"My first piece of equipment tonight! Let's go find some ghosts."

He laughs softly behind me as I spin on my feet and walk down the corridor holding my camera.

"Maybe we should turn the lights off first and try to go down the right corridor?" He suggests making me spin to face him.

"Yeah that may help." I giggle, coming back to his side.

When he switches off the lights, I can't help but say "Bravo Six, going dark..."

Zak stops instantly, causing me to raise the camera to see his face in the night vision. "Did you just quote Call of Duty?"

"You play?"

"Wait, you play?!" He asks in surprise.

"Who doesn't?"

"We are so playing that at my house one night." He says turning around and walking ahead.

"In the dark." I add.

"Absolutely. Bravo Six.." He repeats with a chuckle.

"Here." Zak says making me turn my camera towards him. He is holding a rosary in his hand, having taken it from the cabinet off the museum wall.

"Why do I need that if I am not going to the dybbuk box chamber?"