Chapter 30

I shouldn't say it...

I shouldn't admit or say it.

But I was absolutely smitten with Zak.

Over the past week of living with him on my staycation, I had never been so happy or relaxed. Living in harmony was a beautiful thing and I had decided to stay for an extra week, the decision had made Zak extremely happy too.

Every day was amazing, from enjoying the luxury life of a big home, gated community, private pool and Red Rock access to falling asleep beside him at night and waking up in the morning with him crumpled in the sheets looking as peaceful as ever.

God, he was addictive in so many ways...

As promised, he went to work but only stayed for a few hours before coming back home, with some excuse that's when I learned that he just wanted to be home whilst I was there. Not that I was doing anything untoward but because he wanted to spend time with me, and maybe baby me a little.

Usually, he'd come through the front door and I'd be on the couch in the living room, led out reading one of his books. He would kick off his shoes fall over the back of the couch on to me and lay with his head on my chest, listening to my heart or to me read.

One day, I had taken Gracie for a walk a little later than I had planned, finding myself familiar with his neighbour hood, I lost track of time and simply enjoyed nosing around. The tree-lined sidewalks offering shade from the heat, opportunities to imagine what it would be like to live in the mammoth sized homes I passed and the large sections of grass where you could let Gracie off to throw a ball or sniff. However she lost interest in her ball when she saw her dad turn up.. You are absolutely correct to think that he tracked me down using Gracie's collar.

It had a tracker in, if some weird obsessed fan ever decided to take her, he would be able to find her within minutes. When he told me that, my eyes remained firmly glued on to her for the entire walk, because over my dead body would anything happen to that little girl with me around.

On  Zak's day off (yes, he actually took one), we packed a bag and took a hike up through Red Rock, where he showed me all the best places and views.  My camera roll was full of photos, from Gracie, Red Rock, to us and even some single ones of Zak which I sent over to him. He planned on using them for his social media in the future and I hoped he did, because he looked incredible in all of them. I would claim it was my skill at photography, but he is a very photogenic man.

I was so glad he had talked me into staying with him, his home, his life, his everything was slowly becoming my favourite things. Going from being alone most of the time, to living with someone, having breakfast with them in the morning, lunch in the garden and dinner together before curling up and watching documentaries, or helping with research on where he wants to investigate next, was truly fulfilling.

According to Zak, I have a talent for finding information, to which I told him, it was all part of my job. To assist and find what he needed. He had a look on his face when I said it, but he never followed up with what he thought so I let it go.

My stress levels were non-existent and I hadn't had a hint of a seizure. I know most people don't, that they go through phases, but mine had happened more often which lead me to worry about the possibility of my condition worsening. However, Zak pointed out one day, whilst we were in his pool that it could be down to me being totally and entirely relaxed. I was inclined to believe him.

The only issues I had, was him thinking he was better at Call of Duty than me, and that wasn't going to do. I loved his determination though, even setting up the home theatre and using the screen to project it.   And when the crew came over, I had to face the idea of having a seizure in front of them, also losing my bladder control in front of them...