Chapter 32

Elle POV.

We are so having a conversation about these fake draws later..

Who the hell has fake draws in a kitchen?! Apparently Zak!

I didn't know they even existed?! What is the point of them?!

I was beginning to question what was winding me up more, the handcuffs, the keys I couldn't reach or the fake draws?

Right now, the fake draws were getting to me....

I try and reach the keys again, hoping my arm had grown in the last few minutes. Considering I almost popped my shoulder out on the first few goes.

Screaming in frustration is entirely out the question unless I want us to end up in hot water or possibly shot, so for now, I struggle on in silence.

I had tried pulling my hand out the cuff too, knowing that to be the last resort. But I almost snapped my thumb and when my whole hand turned a shade of red/ purple, I gave up and pushed my hand back through, letting the blood rush back to it.

Now it looked swollen from my attempts not to mention a little sad looking. What on earth was I thinking?

I even turn and try to use my leg but it's difficult to manoeuvre around.

Eventually, I sit on the floor, I push myself away from the cupboard enough until I can stretch my leg out and try to hook the keys with my foot. Hope builds in me as I slide them towards me an inch.

"Come on you bitch.." I whisper, trying again.

When they are close enough, I grab them and begin trying the keys in the locks.

I'm stressing, my hands are working too fast and I keep missing the key hole until I stamp my foot and growl quietly at myself to calm down. If it's serious, Zak would have come and got me, right?

I consider that it's none of my business and Zak might not want me in the room. It's only then that I am able to try the keys properly. There are a few different keys on the bunch, but each one fails to unlock me from my new prison, only escalating my anxiety even further.

We are going to have to find bolt cutters. But how the heck am I going to get the cuff off my wrist?!

I'm ready to give up, even call for help to get out of this situation, when silver catches my eye.

Led on the floor, is one key that has fallen off the loop. One I have missed and one that could be the key I was looking for.

Hearing Zak's voice increase, I dive to the floor as best I can, and try to get that key whilst I still have a chance.

******

Zak POV

Her flirty behaviour and luring eyes are going to be the death of me. Standing cuffed to the draw with her flushed cheeks, swollen lips and hip popping stance. Elle had her attitude about her, but I like how quick I could contain or ingulf it.

However, there was a bigger problem afoot and that was the police..

I am a law abiding citizen but I can't help walking to the front door with anxiety crawling through my gut, worrying about what I may have done wrong, because that is why they are here. Not for a home visit and a chat..