2 | strawberry milk

Suji~

Suji~

"Sit wherever you want!" My teacher enthusiastically said after my introduction. I saw Taehyun in my peripheral vision, so I went over to sit beside him near the back.

I heard loud gasps and small chatters. Things like "did she just seriously?" "does she wanna die young?" "she has the guts" "she won't last a week" "good luck to her" and more. What's wrong with my seat?

"Hello!" I waved to him and he nodded.

"Hi." Taehyun pulled the chair out of the table, preparing it for my use. I thanked him and the talking grew louder.

"Did he just talk?" "who is that girl?" "he has friends?" "is that his girlfriend?" "I already hate her" it went on. Why do they care so much about his life? Why am I being hated on already?

"What's wrong with them?" I mumbled under my breath. Taehyun went closer to me and began whispering.

"I have no idea." He quietly said.

The day went by slowly until it was finally lunch time. Taehyun owns a cute lunch box which includes his small meal, then a couple of my rice cakes for dessert. He must have a small appetite.

"You actually brought those to school?" I curiously asked while laughing. He put all his food in reusable containers, because apparently he's all about sustainability.

"They're good. You want some?" He asked me, as if I wasn't the one who made them. I declined because I didn't want him to starve himself, and I also brought my own lunch.

I suddenly felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, which made me jump out of my seat. I looked behind and noticed Junhyuk waiting for me to talk to him.

"Buy me food from the cafeteria." He handed me some money and I sighed. I'm not even supposed to be serving him during school hours, but he might tattle on me.

__________________________

Taehyun~

"Stay away from Suji," Junhyuk said to me but I completely ignored him. He sat at the seat beside me and began taking my food. "Aren't these her rice cakes?"

I didn't answer.

I don't need to talk to him.

"I like her. Isn't it obvious?" He added, as if I care about what he feels. Go ahead and like her- that's none of my business. "You're such a fucking loser. When someone's trying to talk to you, you're supposed to answer. Do you even have any manners?"

Okay, and? Go cry about it. I despise humans so much! They seriously think they have all this authority over you; they assume they know everything.

"People are talking about her because of you. You're just putting her in danger! I know they won't go easy on her," Junhyuk shrugged. "I'm just giving you a warning."

I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her.

"Here's your chicken salad. Have fun! Now go back to your seat," Suji came back and shooed him away. "I got you a drink. Thanks for being so nice to me... everyone else is just giving me rude stares."

That's because of me. I'm sorry.

"Thank you. I'll drink this well." I saved the strawberry milk she gave me for later consumption.

"This day feels so slow, doesn't it? We still have thirty minutes left of lunch." She began to prepare her supplies for our afternoon classes.

"Do you wanna go for a walk? You haven't gotten a tour, right? We can just ask the teacher. She probably wouldn't even mind if we come back late." I mentioned and she nodded excitedly. We successfully got permission from the homeroom teacher, and finally out of class.

I saw Junhyuk glaring at me from my peripheral vision. Must suck to suck.

"How do you know Junhyuk?" I asked her while we walked down the hallways, receiving multiple stares by every single person. Can't we have some privacy?

"Oh, h-he's... a family friend. We live in the same house. Our parents are super close, so they let me stay at their home until I graduate." Suji looked down and swallowed the lump in her throat. She seems to be hiding something, but I won't push her. She can tell me if she wants. If she doesn't, then we leave it there.

"Makes sense." I pushed the thought away and just gave her a complete tour of the school. The building's quite big and I don't want her to get lost, so I actually have to seriously teach her.

I actually feel comfortable being with her.

___________________________

UPDATES: MON/WED/FRI

Hope you're enjoying it so far!

Song: Beabadoobee — Coffee