21 | my passion

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

I told my mom about the discovery, and she was so delighted. Suji's mother apparently worked for us ever since my eldest brother was born, which was thirty years ago. She stopped working for us once he turned twenty-five.

I still remember her. She happily let us play outside, explore our talents and creativity- which is why I discovered my love for music. Her husband was a musician, and Mrs. Park would often take us to his studio to play with the instruments. I was very intrigued with all the equipment, so I immediately asked my parents to buy me a small studio for my birthday.

I still have that little make-up studio beside my bedroom, which I haven't gone in there for a while because of homework. I often just use the equipments from school, which is why I've neglected it.

Since I've already finished studying, I decided to open up my studio once again. It's kinda dusty, but easily cleaned with a feather duster and a vacuum. I sat down on my chair and turned on the computer, wanting to see what little me created.

I put on my headphones, pressed the first file and sat back to relax.

"It's working right? Uhh... hi! Future Taehyun, I hope you hear this song. Right now you're ten. Can't believe it took you five years to figure out how to use this. Enjoy!"

I chuckled at my small voice. Oh, how times have changed...

It turns out to be a Justin Bieber cover, and I'm not even surprise. It's also funny how ugly the background music sounds, but I gotta give it to little Taehyun for figuring it out.

I lost track of time- listening, enjoying, crying to my old self for creating music like that.

I had so much passion.

It's not that I don't anymore, but going to a performing arts school kind of took away from it. Instead of music being something I love to do, it became a chore.

Ring*

"Hello, what are you doing right now? Have you eaten?" Suji joyfully asked me through the phone.

"Say that again." I suddenly thought of a great idea and immediately prepared my microphone.

"Why?" She sounded so confused.

"You'll see later."

___________________________

Suji~

I throughly cleaned the living room, making sure no dust is left in the process. Once done, I took a ten minute break before studying math for the exams. It's my worse subject, so I really need to focus on it.

I put on a timer for one hour. Within that time, I'll have to finish all the questions in the worksheet. Yina gave us the page to practice with, which she asked to be handed in to her after. She'll see then if we need more help.

Question after question... I started to get extremely bored. I need to do this- I need to be good enough for Taehyun. At least my grades should somewhat be up to par with his.

Ten minutes... I finished ten minutes early. This is good, right? I usually go until the timer. It's definitely an improvement!

I suddenly heard a knock on the door, followed up with Junhyuk's annoying voice.

"What?" I rolled my eyes while opening the door. He's the last person I wanna see today... all this school material has got me stressing out.

"Are you finished the practice? Let's compare our answers." He came in without my permission, but I can't really do anything since this is his house.

"Here." I put my paper on the table, and he put his beside mine. Every answer seems to be the same.

"It should be right, unless we're both completely wrong... how long did you do it for?" He sat back and asked.

"Fifty minutes." I proudly told him.

"Pfft! I did it in forty." He smirked and applauded himself. We sent the answers to Yina, and waited a while for her response.

"She said it's all correct. Good job to us." I read the text and patted his back. It was more like a sign to kick him out.

"Good job! We can do this." Junhyuk eventually understood the sign and got out immediately. It's interesting to see him so determined for someone.

___________________________

THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS ARE SO CUTE ADGSHSH IM SO EXCITED TO SHOW YOU GUYS🥺

Song: Yeonju (연주) — A Day Before Us