24 | rebound

Suji~

Suji~

We got our exam marks back, and as expected... I completely failed in the math section. Although, I'm not so saddened by it anymore since it's expected.

On the other hand, Junhyuk received a ninety- immediately putting him seventh place in the top ten highest grades in class, which made everyone so shocked. He usually just slacks off, but he worked extremely hard this time.

"Pay up, Yina!" Junhyuk winked at her and she just rolled her eyes.

"W-What are you talking about?" Yina crossed her arms and just ignored him.

"You promised to go on a date with me if I get eighty. I got way over that... so, do I get a hug too?" He hitched his face closer to her and she just cringed.

"In your dreams." She stuck out her tongue.

"Hey! You promised..." he looked so offended by her words. "I did all of this for you. You said-"

"I said this, I said that... you know how many times you've done that to me? The amount of times you made me look like a complete fool, leading me on? Gosh! I'm glad you're getting a piece of your own medicine. Honestly, I feel that you're just using me as a rebound."

"I'm sorry, okay! How many times do I have to say it? I'm so sorry, I'm very sorry, I'm fucking sorry!" He yelled over the top of his lungs. Everyone in class stared at us, but was immediately cut off by the dismissal bell. "How many times do I have to say it? That I want to start over with you? I want us."

Yina took a couple of breaths in, having an internal dilemma.

"Alright. I'll give you one date, but you better not fuck it up this time."

__________________________

Taehyun~

"What should I wear? What do girls like? Where should I take her?" Junhyuk walked back and fort in his room while asking us.

"She'd like anything if it's from you. You could wear a paper bag, and she'd still be in love with you." I shook my head.

"That was before..." he sighed before rummaging through his clothes.

"Just dress like you care." Suji took out a dress shirt from the very back, some nice pants and a pair of sleek shoes.

"Part your hair in the middle. Your lips are kinda chapped, so use more balm than usual. Maybe she'll wanna smooch you later-" I earned a slap on the arm by Suji.

"How will I make her believe that she's not just a rebound? Her mind's set on that thought." He started changing in front of us, so I covered my girl's eyes with my hand to protect her from sinful sightings.

"Make her feel like a princess. If you wanna win her over, then this day has to absolutely be about her." She gave guidance, while Junhyuk typed them down on his phone.

"I'm so nervous... should I like buy her flowers? Or is that too old fashioned?" He looked up as if there's a thinking bubble.

"That would be nice." Suji nodded while staring at me. You want flowers too, huh? I'll get you a whole bunch on our one hundredth day anniversary...

"You need to unbutton down a few." I helped him with the dress shirt, and then we both styled his hair until perfect.

"Her jaw's gonna drop once she sees you." She chuckled and I glared at her. Maybe you find him attractive too! Well I mean, I don't blame her.

"It's all set then! I should get going-" Junhyuk suddenly blanked out. He began to gag and unexpectedly collapsed onto the ground. He held tightly onto his chest while turning slightly purple.

"Call the ambulance." I calmly told Suji and she immediately did so. I took his pills from the table and let him consume them. However, it didn't make much difference even after a couple minutes.

"They're on their way." She mentioned and I let him lay down on his side, so it's easier to breathe through his airway.

Minutes later, the paramedics came and made him wear an oxygen mask to regain back his consciousness. The whole ride to the hospital was complete hell for him.

His parents arrived the same time as we did, and they just cried seeing their son's condition.

"We need to give him another open heart surgery immediately. If we miss the timing, it could put him in a very critical condition." The doctor explained.

___________________________

THANKS FOR 5K+!!!

I've been watching all the I-LAND teasers and they're all so adorable agshs but 3/4 of the contestants are younger than me HUHUH I FEEL LIKE A HAG-

Who's your I-LAND pick so far??? Rn, it's Sunoo for me but ofc idk yet since it hasn't started ahhaah

Song: TXT (투모로우바이투게더) — Maze in the Mirror