38 | draw you

Suji~

Suji~

I saw the scrapbook Taehyun made for me sitting on top of my side table. I used to carefully skim through it every night and listen to the song, but now even looking at it is difficult.

The words within it feel like lies.

My heart won't get broken, he said. Fuck that- fuck him. When have I been a bad influence to him? What wrong have I done that he could say those words to me? It hurt me the most when Taehyun said that he's bored of our relationship.

Maybe I should have done more... maybe he's starting to really like Serim, because she has the things I couldn't offer him. She's much more experienced and they're very compatible. They also enjoy being around each other.

I have other things to think of, and now is not the time to be slacking off. The elders were right when they said I shouldn't date until I've graduated. Dating is just a distraction. Heartbreak, the consequence.

I looked through my phone and deleted all his pictures. I blocked Taehyun's number, took down the things with us on my social media, unfollowed him on every SNS platform.

I know I'll still see him at school, hell- we even sit beside each other. It's going to be difficult for a while, but I'm willing to move on. If he broke up with me so easily, it means he didn't love me much... maybe not at all. I shouldn't have lingering feelings for someone who took me for granted.

___________________________

Taehyun~

I stared at the bracelet Suji made me for our anniversary. I gently swept my thumb over the metal pendant, admiring our initials written beside each other.

I can't get myself to take it off. I don't want to.

The bell suddenly rang, and Suji walked in looking restless. I pulled down my sleeve and hid the bracelet... it seems like she already got rid of hers.

She put her things inside the lockers, before placing her backpack onto the desk hooks. Suji took out her supplies and got ready for today's lesson, not saying a single word to me.

It's expected, but still feels odd... and rather cold. I would usually hug her first thing in the morning, followed up with a kiss on the cheek. We would never stop talking until the teacher came in.

"So today, we will be doing a drawing activity. It's to release stress before you all go on with next week- I know there's many tests, and I want you all to relax even just for a little while." The teacher excitedly told us, making everyone happy since there's no history lesson or homework for today.

"What are we gonna draw?" One of our classmates asked and the teacher opened up the cap of her dry erase marker. She then began writing.

Activity: Draw the person beside you!

Oh gosh.

The teacher distributed art supplies to our tables, making us move our chairs so we could face each other. Suji still didn't say anything, making the whole atmosphere between us feel so heavy.

She just silently started to draw me, so I did the same thing. We would sometimes accidentally lock eyes, but quickly look away. Her irises were dark- completely not having it.

The room was surprisingly silent for once, since everyone's so focused on their drawings. The only sounds that could be heard are from the pencil noises touching the delicate paper.

Maybe this is the only time I'll ever get to stare at her again, so I should use it wisely. Those beautiful lively eyes that I loved to look at, now looks empty and weary. Suji's lips that I enjoyed kissing, her silky hair that I used to comb my fingers into. Her small face that made my heart flutter whenever I cupped it...

Is it right that I broke up with her?

The silence in the classroom suddenly broke once Suji put up her hand. The teacher walked over to our desk and she asked what's wrong.

"Is this worth marks?" She silently asked and the teacher just laughed.

"No class, this isn't for marks. Just have fun with it." She announced and Suji just smirked.

She didn't look at me anymore after that. Just like me, maybe she's memorized my features already. If I close my eyes right now, I'd still be able to draw her in my goodnight's sleep.

"I'm done." Suji sighed and laid down her art. She's the first one finished, so she quietly played on her phone while waiting for everyone else.

The bell was finally about to ring, when I finished right in time. We switched notebooks and I stared at the picture she worked so hard on.

It's a faceless picture of me standing on the rooftop with the couple bracelet on my wrist. In fact, I had both hers and mine. I also have a devil's horn? The whole drawing looks rushed and heartless, but I wouldn't blame her.

I turned the picture around and it says:

Stranger.

___________________________

My TXT H:OUR photobook came today agshs and I get my Taehyun TDCS photo card tmrw AHHH IM SO HAPPY:)))))

Anyways, VOTE FOR GEONU ON ILAND PLS AGSGGS I BEG^_^

Song: Jeong Sewoon (정세운) — Draw You (너를 그린다)