31 | small talk

Suji~

Suji~

"Hello, I'm Huening Kai." The guy beside me reached out his hand and I shook it. I think I've seen him in the hallways a couple of times- it's really hard not to notice him. He's definitely mixed race.

"I'm Park Suji! Nice to meet you." I gleefully replied. 

Taehyun's talking to the club supervisor, explaining which activities he's planning to do to introduce everyone. There's currently fourteen members, until a group of ten girls came in and sat beside me. The same girls that beat me up...

I feel so uncomfortable. I can feel their stares and even heard comments about me. Things like I'm dumb and ugly.

"Do you wanna switch seats?" Kai whispered and I gladly nodded. The chatter grew louder, but now they're muffled since I'm further.

"Okay, is everyone here?" Taehyun asked and the room went silent. It's rare for him to publicly talk, so the girls were getting excited. One of the members closed the door and we then sat in a circle.

"Is this a cult?" A new member, Donghyun asked and everyone laughed. It really does feel like that.

"No, it just feels more welcoming when we're in a circle..." Taehyun awkwardly replied. He's so shy, but confident when it comes to complimenting himself.

"Okay, so this box contains small pieces of paper with a number on them. There's two of each number, which will reveal your partner!" The co-president Yoo Serim told us. "Put the waste in the recycling once you're done."

I put my hand in the box and grabbed the number five. I raised up my number, trying to look for the missing pair.

"Us again." Huening Kai showed me his and it matched. We walked over to the recycling and threw away our paper.

"So he's with her, huh?" I pouted once I saw Taehyun with Serim. In what chances did the president and co-president get each other? That's totally a scam.

"Huh?" Kai looked at me in confusion and I just shrugged it off.

"So, you're gonna tell your partner two truths and a lie. Then you're gonna tell the whole group what those three things are, and also introduce them! We have to guess what the lie is." Taehyun further explained.

"You first." My partner encouraged me.

"I love baking, I have two dogs, and I sleep at two in the morning everyday." I told him without any hesitation.

"I'm guessing the third one is a lie?" He gave me a look of curiosity.

"Second one is a lie," I laughed. "Your turn."

"I love stuffed animals, I have two sisters and I hate bread." He gladly answered.

"No one can hate bread! You're fucking lying..." I crossed my arm and he laughed out loud. Kai nodded in agreement.

"How's it going?" Taehyun suddenly put his arm over my shoulders and I smiled.

"Good," I limitedly responded. "Are you done talking with your partner?"

"Yeah, I told her to just say whatever she wants. Noona already knows me too well." He replied... oh, so they're close?

"Is that so..."

___________________________

Taehyun~

"So Kang Taehyun enjoys drawing, likes sweet things, and loves cats... but he got his cat taken away when he was ten because his older sister is allergic." Serim introduced me even better than I could.

"He never had a cat." Suji confidently answered. I did, I just never talked about it with her...

"He did have one. The first fact was the lie," Serim corrected her. The chatter grew and the members were beginning to speculate things. "Your turn."

"Yoo Serim volunteers at a nursing home, enjoys linguistics, and loves chemistry." I didn't stutter once while talking.

__________________________

Suji~

"They all seem like either lies or truths... this one's hard." Kai muttered and I agreed. It's difficult to distinguish her personality.

"Last one's a lie." A member called out and she said yes. I would have never thought she hated chemistry? I mean, literally everyone I know hates it except Taehyun.

The bell rang and everyone went back to their classrooms. I don't know why I feel this way, but I'm so heated. Maybe it's because I was ashamed for not knowing my boyfriend too well.

"Don't worry about the thing earlier. I swear, I'll tell you everything about me." Taehyun quickly kissed me on the lips before the teacher arrived.

___________________________

NEW CHARACTERS:

Huening Kai

Yoo Serim

Song: CIX (씨아이엑스) — Maybe I