20 | motherly figure

Suji~

Suji~

"How are you?" My mom asked while I visited her. She's been staying in a hospital for the past few months, trying very hard to fight off Leukaemia. I've been attempting to visit her as much as possible, but it's kinda difficult because of how far the hospital is.

"I'm doing well, just a little stressed out about exams. How about you? How are you doing?" I held her hand and caressed it, which she says gives her comfort.

Most of the salary I earn from the Bang family immediately goes to the hospital, paying for my mom's medical bills. The family I work for knows about this, so they often add extras to my pay- also as a loyalty thing, since my mom worked with them for years. They offered to pay for all her expenses, but we both refused since they're already paying for my tuition. I told my mom before that I can just stop school and work full time, but she completely hated that idea. Mom just wants me to have a good future.

"The doctor says I'm doing much better," she shortly replied before changing the topic. She really doesn't like talking about her condition, which I choose to respect. "How are you getting along with people?"

"Oh, I've made a couple of good friends." I gladly told her. I'm not so sure if I should bring up Taehyun...

"Any boys trying to bother you?" She said in a teasingly tone. I mean, she asked- I guess I should just be honest.

"I have a boyfriend. We've been together for about three months now... our hundredth day anniversary is right after exams." I carefully told her.

"You visit here all the time! How come you've never told me?" She looked offended, but not angry. For a fact, she actually seemed a little proud.

"You never asked..." I awkwardly chuckled. I never thought the day would come where I'd be girl talking to my mom. My whole childhood was spent with my grandparents in the countryside.

"Who is he? Does he treat you nicely?" Here comes the motherly Q&A... "I would love to meet the person who makes my daughter look so lively!"

"He lives next door to the Bangs. His name is Kang Taehyun." I let my mother know, and her jaw just completely dropped.

"I used to work for the Kangs! I took care of his siblings, then him until he was five. His mom retired then, so they recommended me to the Bang's since Junhyuk needed more assistance." She explained to me which took me by shock.

"Seriously? That's so cool!" I have so many questions for her, but I'll save them for next time.

"Taehyun must be so grown up now! I remember him being such a timid kid... does he get along with people now?"

"Eh- somewhat, I guess? He only talks when he's being forced." I somewhat truthfully told her. I took out my phone and showed her his pictures.

"He grew up well and looks so handsome- you two make a perfect couple! Are you happy being with him?" Her face is so much more relaxed now

"Yeah, I'm beyond happy. Taehyun's the best boyfriend I can ever ask for." I smiled to myself just thinking of him.

___________________________

Taehyun~

"My mom said she took care of your siblings when they were younger." Suji enthusiastically told me while we ate our lunch in the classroom.

"Seriously?!" I was quite intrigued by the connection. "Is your mother Mrs. Park? She was the coolest nanny ever, but she only worked at our place until I was five. Your mom used to cook us amazing rice cakes-"

I now know where that taste came from.

It was the taste of my childhood- the warmth, the sweetness, the texture of such a timeless snack.

"It's amazing how we've always been somewhat connected. While my mom was pregnant with me, she was still working at your place. That's why my mom and yours were probably close- they could relate." Suji thought.

"I guess our moms had a pregnancy pact. That's probably why she thought you looked familiar," I mentioned and she nodded in agreement. "If it's alright to ask... what happened to your father?"

I've met him a couple times before, but he disappeared and I never knew why.

"He got into a car accident when I was four. After that, my grandparents took me in and raised me in the countryside." She carefully explained to me.

"Oh..." I shouldn't have asked, because I don't know how to respond. "He's probably very proud of you. You're such a talented and beautiful girl."

"Aww, Taehyun!" She pouted and hugged me right after. "I really hope so."

____________________________

I finally finished school and found the time to watch 'Taehyun's Counselling Service 1 & 2" and wowww... can I just say my appreciation for him went up even more??? He's such an intellectual and definitely wise with words, really do comforting me. It's totally something I will keep rewatching, especially whenever going through hardships. I'm so proud of him:)

Song: Hwang Puha (황푸하) — Self Portrait (자화상)