14 | happy pill

Suji~

Suji~

While walking back to my hotel room, I noticed somebody crying hard near the staircase. Since my conscience is telling me to do so, I went closer and tapped the person's shoulder.

"I can't breathe... please, my p-pills." Junhyuk held tightly onto his chest and my mind just went black, but I attempted not to show any of my panic. He handed me the card and I immediately ran up to his hotel room.

"What's going on?" Taehyun saw how allover the place I was, so he helped me look through Junhyuk's bag.

"He's having an attack right now." I scavenged through his backpack, but Taehyun found it first on the side table. We went downstairs together and saw him almost unconscious.

"Take this." I took out the pills and put them in his mouth, followed up with some bottled water. We let him sit for a couple of minutes before trying to communicate with him again.

"We need to tell your parents now. You really should be taken to the hospital immediately." Taehyun suggested but Junhyuk stopped him.

"I can't... it's fine. I have these episodes all the time- it's completely normal." He took a deep breath before trying to stand up.

"It must have been normal before, but you haven't had one lately. What if it progresses? We have no idea what could happen next, or even what's happening to you right now!" I said out of concern.

"I had a fight with my parents... it triggered me. That's it- you don't need to tell them and I'm completely fine now. If you guys keep forcing me, I'll just get mad and maybe it'll happen again." He kinda threatened us.

"Fine," I sighed heavily. "But what exactly happened? How bad was it that you ended up having an attack?"

"Apparently Yina doesn't want to marry me anymore..." Junhyuk turned his face to our direction, and only then did I realize that he has bruises on his face. "Her family is also cancelling all their business partnerships with mine in the future, since there's no point anymore. My father got upset and he hit me. He said I should try and get Yina back."

"Your life shouldn't revolve around your parents. You can make your own destiny. Maybe it's a good thing that she let you go," Taehyun wisely said to him. "Only be with Yina if you sincerely want to. If not, you'll just end up hurting her again. Don't lead her on, then just drop her midway like before. It's not cool."

"I know... but I'm not like you. I'm scared of my parents, because I feel like I owe them. The amount of money they've spent on my surgery and medications? I know they're working hard because of me. I can't make my own destiny, because this is it. I have no idea when my heart will stop working- I'd end up having to leave Yina again. Whichever way, she'd still get hurt."

"Let's say your parents didn't exist for a moment. What would you want for yourself?" I asked him.

"You know what I want..." Junhyuk looked at Taehyun, suddenly hesitating on what he wanted to say.

___________________________

Taehyun~

My blood is boiling!

I know this bitch just had an episode, but wow- I'm extremely ready to fight... I'll be nice since he's had a rough day.

"Damn it, that little-" I shook my head while getting some alone time with Suji in the balcony, overviewing the night view of Busan and Haeundae Beach.

"Did he make you upset?" She joked around and I nodded. "Awe, my baby's jealous! You are so cute."

"Stop mocking me, I'm actually really annoyed..." I crossed my arms and just gave her the attitude. "It makes me even more uncomfortable that you both live under the same roof. He has more alone time with you than I do-"

I suddenly felt a pair of soft lips on my cheeks, and I just froze. Suji just gave me my first kiss? It's not on the lips, but still. It felt amazing...

"I only like you." She ran her fingers through my hair, curiously checking how truly soft it is. I suddenly grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer to me.

I then kissed her.

____________________________

Hey guys, so I know the TL on Twitter and IG are pretty heavy right now. It can be quite overwhelming, but it's for a cause and something that won't disappear overnight. If you have a platform, please use it wisely and use your voice to spread awareness. We're doing this to fight for those who have lost their lives, have been affected by racism and/or injustice, etc. Let's do what's right.

#BlackLivesMatter

Please sign the petitions you see online! I tried putting links here, but Wattpad won't let me...

+ also, I've already finished writing this whole story. The future chapters may contain AAVE in them, so I will try my best to edit them out. If you see me using them again, PLEASE CALL ME OUT!

Song: TXT (투모로우바이투게더) — Magic Island