45 | macarons

Suji~

Suji~

After working hard on Saturday, Junhyuk's mom allowed me to take a break for the rest of the afternoon. I took it as a chance to tell her my idea, and she gladly supported it. I assured her that I'll give her a few percentage of the revenue, since I'm using her kitchen- but she told me to just keep it all, and that she would kindly help. I'm still so lucky to have such great employers.

Taehyun came over and we started planning the menu. Of course we're just gonna start off small, then expand the variety if it goes well.

"We should choose something trendy for the main products. Maybe like three things for now... I think macarons would be a great one." I suggested and he gave me two thumbs up.

"How about mini tarts or flans? I see them very often in cafés, and they seem to be great sellers." He told me and I agreed. They're also very easy to make.

"Of course cupcakes. I'll try and create interesting flavours." I wrote it down on my notebook.

"The vanilla lemon one we made before was amazing," he reminded me... I suddenly felt shy. It was back when we were still getting to know each other. "I'm sure you have many great ideas."

"The vanilla lemon one is something I already mastered, so definitely. There has to be some type of chocolate flavour... maybe chocolate with salted caramel? Also, classic red velvet. These can also be the macaroon flavours! How does those sound?"

"I feel very hungry. That must be a great sign." Taehyun rubbed his belly.

"I'll feed you after we finish," I patted his head. "For the tarts, I'll make fruit flans with melted chocolate on the bottom. Also, key lime tart and egg flans. I think those would do well." I finished up my planner but suddenly then thought it's way too much.

"I think we should make the menu smaller." Taehyun suggested, like he read my mind.

"I'll sell the macarons for now. They're the easiest to package and deliver. Maybe in the summer, I'll add the tarts and cupcakes." I told him and he agreed.

"We need a name." He blurted out and I smiled widely. I've always had a name in mind since I was little- it's pretty simple, but I really love it.

"I've always thought of naming my future business 'Tea Party'. I think desserts go super well with tea, and it's also a great way to gather up with your friends and loved ones." I enthusiastically explained.

"It's beautiful." He cupped my cheeks with his hands, then gave me a quick peck on the nose before focusing on my lips.

__________________________

Taehyun~

We found suppliers for both the packaging and ingredients, with the help of Yina. She's really good at visual arts and social media management, so her choice of aesthetics really mattered to us while picking.

One pack of macarons came with six pieces, all different flavours. The baked goodies are placed inside a cute pink box, with a very minimal "Tea Time" label on the outside. Each order also comes with two packets of tea and Suji's calling card.

 Each order also comes with two packets of tea and Suji's calling card

(I took inspo from Souri BBK, so 'Tea Time' looks exactly like this)

Yina made an Instagram account for Suji, and I began calculating the expenses to make sure we're actually gonna gain money- not the other way around.

The next few days, we took pictures for her Instagram feed. Made a google sheets to be organized. Yina helped Suji launch the account, and also got a few shoutouts from her idol friends- which quickly grew the account in just a few days.

Once we began taking preorders, the amount of followers on her IG was already more that thirty thousand. In just the first hour of our launch, we already sold everything out.

"Time to start baking." Suji enthusiastically laid all the ingredients onto the table. We gathered all the maids, Yina, Junhyuk, and I to also help along.

"My girlfriend is a successful business woman." I whistled and she grew flustered.

"I couldn't have done this without all of your guys' help." Suji hugged me and I lifted her up onto the table.

"Of course," I pecked her forehead. "I'll always help and support you."

__________________________

Sorry for the late post! I was editing videos and got distracted agshsh

+ LAST WEEK of this book:(

Song: Paul Kim(폴킴) — Coffee With Me (커피한잔할래요)