4 | puppy love

Suji~

Suji~

"Here you go," I handed Yina a white handkerchief to wipe off her tears with. She went outside to get some fresh air, so I followed after her. "I don't know if you know me, but if it helps to talk I'm here."

"Thank you. Don't worry, I know you- the whole school does. You're really popular, Ms. Kang Taehyun's girlfriend." She teased me and my eyes grew wide. What now? He's not my boyfriend...

"I think you've misunderstood. Taehyun and I are not dating, we're just good friends." I awkwardly replied.

"Good friends? Literally every person that tries to talk to him gets ignored. He only talks during class discussions, nothing else. Tons of girls like him, but no one actually dares to confess. It's not even shooting your shot if you try asking him out. It's like you're voluntarily jumping into fire... he's just gonna harshly reject you. Probably by not even saying anything."

"He's like that? Completely different from the Taehyun I know. He's so sweet and interesting." I felt flustered saying that. I've honestly avoided boys my whole life, but that all changed once I met him.

"I know you're still quite new here, but I don't think you're that dumb. You probably already know that he's been in love with you since day one." She patted my back and congratulated me.

"W-What? No way..." I played with my fingers and turned away. "Plus, this isn't about me! We were talking about you here. Honestly, I heard your whole conversation. Why are you letting him play you like that? He's not worth your time."

"Oh gosh, can I not talk about Junhyuk for even just a second? I hate running around him too, but my inner voice constantly tells me to do so. He needs me. Maybe I need him too..." Yina heavily sighed. "I've already gotten so used to the way he treats me. I don't mind waiting ten years in university for him."

"Then what? Once you're married, what's gonna happen? He won't treat you any differently. Maybe even worse. If you come to think of it- if he treats you like this now, how will he treat you ten years later? Twenty years? You're just gonna end up losing yourself. You don't even have to be his girlfriend to help him. Simply being his friend would be enough, don't you think so?"

"Damn, you're so right. Where have you been hiding all this time? That's the only thing I needed to hear... you know what? From today, I'm gonna start to murder my feelings for him. I'm better than this!" Yina smiled at me the same way she did once first arriving here. "I get now why Taehyun loves you. You're so cool! Can we be friends?"

"Did the prettiest girl in class 2-A just ask me to be her friend? Of course I will!" I gave her a high five, which then turned into a handshake.

"I'm gonna practice my rejection to him. Listen to this," she cleared her throat. "Asshole! I wasted my life being your babysitter. I deserve so much better. You're right about everything; it was all just an act. I actually fucking hate you, and I was just doing everything to make my parents proud. Happy now? Okay, don't ever talk to me again."

"Yes, girl! You can do this." We stood up and went back inside the house. She mentally prepared herself while we went up to Junhyuk's room, but immediately froze once he opened the door.

"What do you want?" His voice was irritated. We obviously interrupted him from a nap. The hair...

"Uhh," Yina looked at me and we took a breath together. "Actually, never mind-"

"Pushover." I coughed out and she just gasped.

"Junhyuk, you're really cute... but you're nothing than a pretty face," she raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. Gosh, she just completely transformed! "I'm done with you. What you said earlier? You're absolute trash. I also know you've wanted to kill me ever since we were five, after trying to drown me in my pool. I hope you're satisfied. I won't ever talk to you again. I hope you regret it!"

"Good." Junhyuk shrugged then smiled. He soon closed the door, and we went back downstairs.

"That felt so good! Should have done it earlier," she shook her head. "I totally forgot my script. My improvisation wasn't too bad though, right?"

"You totally killed it! I'm so proud of you."

__________________________

You just finished the first week of this book!!

Song: TXT (투모로우바이투게더) — Thank U, Next (Cover)