32 | maybe one day

Suji~

Suji~

We're currently volunteering at the nursing home that Serim mentioned before. She somehow hooked our club up with them, and now we're able to earn volunteering experience from it.

The tasks were pretty easy... I first thought. Taking unwanted weeds out of the garden, throw them into the compose bin, then planting trees and flowers. Simple.

"Do you need help?" Serim came up and asked me while I struggled to take out the roots. I nodded and she showed me the correct way to use the claw weeder.

"Thank you so much, sunbae." I smiled. I don't even know why I got so jealous last time, but she's actually really nice. Serim seems to have her priorities straight and she's very disciplined. We really just started off on the wrong foot.

I took a few seeds and planted them into the fresh soil, hoping that they'll grow into beautiful lush trees one day.

"Oops..." One of the girls purposely stepped on my work, messing it up completely. "You can just do it again."

"Don't even bother." Kai came over and fixed it up for me. The girls immediately left in a bad mood.

"Thank you." I showed my gratitude by giving him a nod and helping him out. We planted a couple more plants and trees, before going back inside for lunch.

Today, we're having fresh squash soup with rice and side dishes. The elderly seemed very excited by our presence, and we all ate together. It reminds me of my own grandparents, making me really miss them.

"We should do a few talent acts. After all, we're from a performing arts school." Serim suggested and everyone agreed.

"I can start by playing the piano!" Kai raised his hand. He relaxed his fingers a bit before playing Chopin's 'Nocturnes, Op. 9: No. 2 in E-Flat Major'. Everyone was so impressed, including us students.

"The president and co-president should perform something." The girls mentioned and they all started to get excited. I've noticed that the club people have been 'shipping' them ever since the beginning, even though they're all aware that I'm dating him.

"If you're not comfortable with, I won't." Serim noticed that I've been fidgeting. I'll sound like a possessive girlfriend if I don't let him! Plus, it's his decision.

"No, you should really do it!" I patted her back. Taehyun and her stood at the corner while some of the dance kids performed. I saw them whispering things into each others' ear, probably discussing which song to perform.

The two went up on stage, and the cheering grew even before they performed. They then began to sing 'Dream' by Baekhyun and Suzy, making the elderly couples come up to the front to dance together. It's so wholesome, and I'm just here wishing Taehyun and I are like that one day.

The song ended, and so did the segment. Everyone was very satisfied with that last song, and they asked for an encore. The two talked it out again, picking Stephanie Poetri's 'I Love You 3000'.

"Straight A students, both come from wealthy families, have a passion for music and sustainability? They're so much more compatible with each other! What has that useless girl done for him?" Some guy shook his head while telling one of the girls.

"Right? She's probably eating up all his money. Or maybe her body? Who knows." She added and they all chortled.

"You don't have to listen to them." Huening Kai let me borrow his AirPods, also handing me a white handkerchief with flower embroideries on the edge.

"Thank you." I said to him for like the twentieth time today.

Taehyun and Serim went back to our table, and I tried my best to hold back my tears. They're all right... those two look great together.

They're compatible, unlike us.

I'm dumb, average looking, struggling to earn money, not born into a rich family-not any way similar to Taehyun... I have so many shortcomings.

Am I even worth enough to be his girlfriend?

___________________________

OMG YALL I JUST REALIZED I DIDNT POST YESTERDAY SOOOO SORRY AGSHSH BUT ANYWAYS AHHH TMRW'S MY BIRTHDAY🥺 im a hag

Song: Acousweet (어쿠스윗) x 406 Project (406 프로젝트) — I Want to Hug You (안아보고 싶어)