6 | study buddy

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"Are you busy? Wanna study in the library with me? Also, I wanna show you something." I pushed all my nerves away and finally asked Suji. We've known each other for a while now, but I still feel flustered around her.

"I can stay until five." She stated and I assured her that I'll keep it in mind. I took her hand and we ran to my favourite place, the music production room.

I typed in my passcode and got access to my music- ones that I haven't yet released. I've sung and dance in front of crowds before, obviously since we're in a performing arts school. It's just different when you're actually motivated to show someone.

"Put this on," I placed the headset on Suji and adjusted it a bit. I smiled widely once it was all set, because she looks so cute with it on. "I'll play you one of my covers."

I pressed the document that said [thesnowman.mp3], grabbed another headset and we began listening together. I feel extremely nervous. What if she thinks my voice is ugly?

"I don't get to tell you the next word, so I'll just leave that in my heart." I sang that line while looking into her eyes. No Taehyun... since when have you acted this way? What happened to the whole "no distractions until graduated" thingy? Right now you're actually gonna like someone?

If I come to think of it, I've been much more motivated to sing and write love songs ever since I've met her. I also know how weird it seems to others that I'm actually hanging out with her, but I don't care about anyone else. I just want her beside me. She doesn't have to be my girlfriend- actually, that's not even my intention. I just want to be good friends with her because she's worth it.

"I love it. You have an amazing voice," Suji stared at me with admiration in her eyes. "What can you not do?"

"Socialize," I chortled. "Let's go to the library? I hope there's not too much people."

Once we got there, almost all the tables have been occupied. There was just a couple of empty spots in the back, until a group of friends left. We immediately called dibs on the table.

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked her while taking my books and supplies out from my bag. Suji explained to me how she's struggling with English.

"I've gotten English lessons since I was five, and the most effective way to learn the language- well, at least for me it's through communication. I talk a lot with my past English tutor, and often take any chances that could further improve my vocabulary. Like for example, the debate." I told her in English and she seemed very intrigued.

"Should we converse in English until I go home?" She quietly said with perfect grammar and vocabulary. I think she's just not confident; probably haven't been exposed to the language too much.

"Sounds like a good plan." I put two thumbs up.

A girl suddenly sat beside me and took out her books. I saw from my peripheral vision that it's just Yina.

"I need help with History. I'll even pay you to do my homework." She gave me a bill but I completely rejected it.

"Go ask someone else. Why not let him do it?" I pointed at Junhyuk, who came to sit beside Suji. I originally wanted to sit face-to-face with her, so I could stare without it being too obvious... that completely ruined the whole plan. "He's really good at History too."

"You're crazy." She rolled her eyes at Junhyuk and they just ignored each other. What's up with these two? I remembered Yina always running after him.

"Did you two break up?" I pretended to be interested and asked her.

"Yes," she opened her book and gave me the pencil. "I'll just type it down later, then print it. Price can go up, if you want. It'll technically still be my work."

"Copyright infringement, do you mean?" I sighed and ended up just going with it. She won't stop pestering me until I agree to do so; classic Song Yina.

"We never broke up, because we didn't even date in the first place. Also, are you having withdrawals? It seems like you're still constantly following me." Junhyuk crossed his arm.

"Seriously?! It's all just been a coincidence. Look, we know the same set of people and we share one school. Of course you'll run into me, whenever you like it or not."

"I like it not." He smirked just to annoy her. Junhyuk's such an asshole, but it's actually quite funny sometimes.

"It's already five? I gotta go." Suji stood up to go leave, but Junhyuk suddenly stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"What's with the rush? Don't worry, I'll tell my parents that we've been studying. They won't get mad if we go home together."

___________________________

BTW GUYS, THE FIRST UHHHH TEN CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY IS GONNA FEEL VERY FAST AHSHS BUT I SWEAR IT GETS BETTER!!!

Song: Jung Seung Hwan (정승환) — The Snowman (눈사람)